March 23rd, 2013
The conference is designed to welcome delegates of all levels to Arab League simulations. It is a great training conference where new members can break into a dynamic simulation. For this conference we are recommending small delegation sizes. All participating high school students will be slotted into the same two committees, therefore students from the same school will likely be debating with each other. For sophomores and juniors in particular, this conference can be an excellent opportunity to explore Boston and the wonderful schools that it hosts. We have planned a Husky Ambassador’s tour of our school for all high school delegations.
Each participating school is responsible for a $40 dollar delegation fee and a $25 dollar delegate fee.
- Secretary-General: Geoffrey Si
- Assistant Secretary-General: Jeremia Whall
- Conference Staff: Noreen Leahy
|8:00am – 9:00am Registration, Lobby Shillman Hall|
|9:00 – 10:00am In Committee Opening Ceremonies with Guest Speakers|
|10:00am – 12:00pm Session I|
|12:00pm – 1:00pm LUNCH (not provided)|
|1:00pm – 3:00pm High School Session II||1:00pm – 2:30pm University Session II|
|3:00pm – 4:00pm High School Husky Ambassador Tour||3:00pm – 4:00pm University Closing Ceremonies|
|4:15pm – 4:45pm High School Closing Ceremonies|
Room Assignments and Chairs:
- Political Affairs (High School) in 425 Shillman Hall: Zachary Hrynowski and Jillian Whelan
- Joint Defense Council in 105 Shillman Hall: Daniel Morrissey and Sarah Lombardo
- Economic Affairs in 420 Shillman Hall: Elise LeCrone and Thomas McKeen
- Environmental Affairs in 135 Shillman Hall: Miranda Beggin and Stephanie Leahy
The Faculty Lounge will be located in 210 Shillman Hall, and Conference Services will be located in 220 Shillman Hall.
For BMAL 2013, we have selected to use the 2011 National Model Arab League Agenda. Please click on the title of each committee to download the topic guide. If you have any questions regarding the topics, please email email@example.com
- Political Affairs (High School Committee)
- Joint Defense Council
- Economic Affairs
Your committee assignments will be emailed to you upon receipt of payment.