Northeastern University’s response international response program (WorldAware) coordinates the various international assistance and travel benefits for NU students, faculty and staff traveling on university-sponsored programs. We assist travelers prepare for departure and provide health and safety assistance while travelers are abroad. The system provides travel support by integrating internal and external university resources, such as NUPD (International Security), the Office of Risk Services, and third party response providers including iJET.
Travelers gain access to NU’s travel support services by registering their travel itineraries on “My Travel Plans” found on the myNEU Portal under the “services and links” tab. Registered travelers on university-sponsored programs will receive access to the WorldCue App, powered by iJET. This App connects travelers to travel warnings and emergency assistance service via the iJET Response Operation Center (ROC). Any NU travelers in need of assistance should call the ROC 24/7 at +1.312.470.3108.
The Worldcue system provides travelers with comprehensive information about hundreds of international and domestic locations via an online interface. Travelers will find:
- Important Notices from the university describing protocols and policies when traveling to selected destination
- Location Alerts for issues that may impact travel plans can be received via email and/or text message
- Alerts are rated “critical”, “warning”, or “informational,”depending on the severity of the event
- Alerts are published for more than 1200 destinations globally
- World Map: Google Maps interface with active alerts marked after selecting a specific region or destination
- Destination Intelligence for more than 191 countries and 363 cities worldwide
- Security Rating Information: a backdrop on crime, civil unrest, kidnapping and other security-related threats
- Location Reports including a Trip Brief, Security Brief, Health Brief and Immunization Brief
- Online Travel Tools: Exchange Rates Converter, Time Zone and Weather Information, Health requirements, Entry/exit requirements, Telephone country codes, and major airline carries per region
Global Travel Tips
Travel tips provide guidance on more than 150 topics, including:
- Safety best practices and identifying safe travel measures
- Air travel health issues
- Packing and dressing for travel
- Dealing with entry and exit requirements
- For other travel resources that include, but are not limited to the following, contact ISO:
- LGBTQA travel advice
- Traveling with prescription medication requirements
- Pre-departure orientation (PDO) and destination specific videos
- Recommended air carrier
- Customized travel planning and resources assistance
TRAVEL INTELLIGENCE® AND ASSISTANCE ON-THE-GO
iJET’s Worldcue® Mobile app is designed to instantly deliver critical information and support to NU travelers before and during travel. The app provides:
- Immediate access to critical information, tools and assistance
- Quick connection to global hotline services
- The ability to check-in and report your status to NU ISO with the push of a button
Staying Informed While Abroad
Students traveling abroad may be exposed to unfamiliar and disruptive situations. The best way to avoid travel disruption is to stay informed as events unfold. Worldcue® Mobile delivers the following:
- Travel Disruption Alerts* that may impact travel plans, published for hundreds of global destinations, 24×7
- Important Notices reminding students and travelers of policies and procedures in key locations
- Destination Intelligence* for hundreds of cities and countries around the world, covering 10 risk categories, so students and travelers can learn about the security, health and transportation conditions at their destination prior to leaving home.
*NOTE: intelligence content available in English and Japanese.
Connect to Global Assistance
When your students or travelers experience crisis, Worldcue® Mobile connects travelers in need to university and on the ground resources via iJET’s Global Hotline. University and iJet responds coordinators handle each situation, so student travelers receive the assistance they need.