There are a number of resources and networks in place through Northeastern University that provide support and assistance when an individual is facing a challenge while traveling, regardless of how large or small the situation may be. Travelers are not alone and have the benefit of considerable assistance twenty-four hours a day.
Northeastern Travelers must be aware of local emergency numbers and contact information of their nearest embassy or consulate in the destination country or region. Travelers should contact the local emergency services of the destination country when presented with a life threatening emergency. The following Northeastern resources are able to help or direct you to the appropriate assistance:
- Northeastern University Police Department (NUPD) 24/7 Dispatch Line: Emergency Number +1.617.373.3333 or Non-Emergency +1.617.373.2121.
- WorldAware Operation Center: +1.312.470.3108 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call the WorldAware phone number if you need immediate assistance. WorldAware, powered by iJET, can help find local hospitals and provide basic travel assistance.
- WeCare: Office number during Boston Campus business hours +1.617.373.4384 or via email email@example.com. If you would like to contact a member of the We Care team directly, please check out the Our Team page for contact information.
- University Health and Counseling Services (UHCS): Office number during Boston Campus business hours +1.617.373.2772 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office of Gender Equity and Compliance (OGEC): Office number during Boston Campus business hours +1.617.373.4644. Title IX complaints can also be submitted online or via email email@example.com. The office of Gender Equality and Compliance addresses issues surrounding Title IX prohibited offenses, such as sexual harassment, sexual assault, stalking, intimate partner violence, domestic violence, and gender-based harassment that occurs anywhere members of the Northeastern community travel.
- Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion (OIDI): Office numbers during Boston Campus business hours +1.617.373.2133, fax +1.617.373.4146 and email firstname.lastname@example.org.