Northeastern University’s response program, WorldAware, coordinates the various international assistance and travel benefits for NU students, faculty and staff traveling on university-sponsored programs. WorldAware assists travelers prepare for departure and provides health and safety assistance while travelers are abroad. The system provides travel support by integrating internal and external university resources, such as NUPD (International Security), the Office of Risk Services, and third party response providers.
Travelers gain access to NU WorldAware’s support services by registering their travel itineraries on “My Travel Plans” found on the myNEU Portal under the “services and links” tab. Registered travelers on university-sponsored programs will receive access to the WorldCue App, powered by iJET. This App connects travelers to travel warnings and emergency assistance service via the iJET Response Operation Center (ROC). Any NU travelers in need of assistance should call the ROC 24/7 at +1.312.470.3108.
- Referrals for local healthcare service providers
- Assistance from university based and iJet travel specialists regarding simple or critical matters affecting travel including:
- Security updates via email and text message
- Travel logistics assistance, including passport/visa requirements and vaccine recommendations
- Emergency evacuation services
- Lost passport/travel documents assistance
- Emergency telephone interpretation assistance