- Dynamic whiteboard
- Public and private chat
- Application sharing
- Ability to record sessions
- Add or edit content on the fly
- Moderator control with permissioning at user level during active sessions
- Ability to create breakout rooms
- Echo cancellation providing an improved auditory experience
- Live video with follow the speaker functionality
- Polling of participants
- Provides multi-platform and low-bandwidth support
- Collaborate Mobile app that enables access to live web conferencing from iPhone or iPad
- Enable collaboration in user’s preferred language
- Ability to invite guests into the session
- Message classmates anywhere/anytime
- Desktop video conferencing and VoIP audio for cost-effective meetings
- Whiteboard with built-in learning objects
- Application sharing and queued chat for tutoring and online office hours
- Contact list populated by course enrollment
- Voice Presentation: Add web content alongside vocal messages
- Voice Board: Post and listen to voice messages within discussion boards
- Voice Podcaster: Create or upload podcasts for user subscription
- Voice Email: Send and listen to voice through email messages
- Voice Recording: Record and listen to voice on a web page
Blackboard Collaborate is accessible thought Blackboard and uses myNEU Portal account credentials.
Blackboard Collaborate Mobile is available through the Apple App Store.
The College of Professional Studies (Northeastern University Online or NU Online) has its own Blackboard site located at nuonline.neu.edu. They are currently using Wimba, a web conferencing tool and will be transitioning to Collaborate.
- Northeastern University (NEU) Blackboard: Instructors, Undergrad Day School students, all Graduate Students except for NUOL Grad Students, all Law School students, Teaching Assistants, Guests, and Staff
- Northeastern University Online Blackboard: Northeastern University Online Students, Northeastern University Online Instructors, CPS students
- Blackboard Collaborate provides 24X7 Support. You can submit a support request on-line or call them directly. Contact Blackboard Collaborate Technical Support here
- Enterprise Blackboard: Support is provided by Information Technology Services during Service Desk hours of 7:00am – 12midnight Monday – Saturday, except during holidays and intersession. To obtain assistance with this service, please contact the Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP).
- Online MBA, MST, and MSF programs offered through the D’Amore-McKim School of Business using Blackboard
Visit DMSB Support for answers to common questions, live chat, or to submit a support ticket
- Northeastern University Online (NU Online) Blackboard: Technical support for Northeastern University Online Blackboard is available 24 x 7 x 365 by calling 855-836-3520. Additionally, the Northeastern University Online Blackboard support portal contains answers to common questions, or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- See also the Blackboard Collaborate page on the ITS website.
Last Updated Date: 11/07/12
See the Get Help x4357 > Classroom Support page.