Faculty and Staff Only
To request software for pickup, full-time faculty or staff members must call the Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or place a self-service request in myHelp. Walk-in requests can not be accepted.
- The staff at the Service Desk will create a request and provide the requestor with the number associated with the request. The InfoCommons staff will process requests in the order they are received. They will then notify requestors by phone or email when software is available to pick up.
- Some licensed software can only be installed on University owned equipment. The user will need to provide the NU asset tag/machine ID number(s) of the University owned equipment they are going to install the software on in order to pick-up the software. This number is located on a silver sticker attached to your computer. It is generally six digits (i.e. NU123456.)
- Once the software is available, customers may pick it up in the InfoCommons in Snell Library between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (holidays excluded).
- Customers must present their valid Northeastern Faculty or Staff ID to pick up software. (No student IDs are accepted.) The Faculty of Staff member will also be required to complete a Faculty/Staff User Acceptance Form prior to the pick up of software
- The InfoCommons staff attempts to honor all requests within three business days whenever possible. If there is a problem honoring the request, we will let the customer know as soon as possible.
- To ensure software availability, any physical software borrowed, must be returned within 3 to 5 business days.