The directions below illustrate how to request access to Salesforce.
- Navigate to northeastern.service-now.com, or alternatively click on the "myHelp" link in the left sidebar of any page on this website, or within the myNEU Portal:
- Once you have logged into myHelp, from the myHelp homepage, click on the "Request products or services from the Service Catalog" link:
- Alternatively, click on the "Service Catalog" link on the left-hand navigation menu:
- From the Service Catalog view, click "Salesforce.com Account Access (New)":
- Enter your name (last name, first name), your manager’s name, and the financial approver for your budget code. Enter your budget code. Select the "Enterprise Applications" checkbox. Then select the checkbox appropriate for the access you need. See the example for Appointment Calendar access below.
- Once complete, click the "Add to Cart" button on the right side of the screen:
- Once in your shopping cart, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button:
- Review your order and click on "Submit Order": (Please note that during this step, the cost may appear as $0.00 – this is an existing bug within Service-now.com. Once the order is submitted, the license price will show on the confirmation screen.)
- You will then see the following summary screen. Note your request number for your records. If you close this window, you will have to log in again – we recommend you keep this open until after you approve the account holder agreement in the next step.
- Access your Northeastern email account. You will have received an email from "ITS Service Desk". Within this email, click on the ACCOUNTHOLDER AGREEMENT link:
- Service-Now will open up and you will have the opportunity to read the Accountholder Agreement. Click on the “Approve” button once you have read the full agreement:
- Your manager will now receive a similar email and will be required to approve the MANAGER’S AGREEMENT.
- Finally, the financial approver will have to approve the charges to the budget code through email.
Once all approvals are received by Service-Now, your account will be setup within 2 business days. For questions or issues with the access application process, please contact the Service Desk by calling 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.