To meet the electronic access requirements of individuals who have temporary or variable associations with the university and in compliance with regulatory responsibilities around taking appropriate steps to safeguard information, the university offers a Sponsored Account service. This service provides workstation access and “neu.edu” email access to visiting professors, lecturers, contractors, consultants and related roles.
Online Application Process
Essential points about Sponsored Account service
- Sponsored Accounts may be used only for the conduct of official university business.
- Only full-time benefits-eligible directors, faculty members, department heads, managers and hiring supervisors may approve Sponsored Account forms.
- In order to renew sponsored accounts, sponsors must continue to be associated with the university as of the day they renew an account.
- Two weeks before expiration of a sponsored account, both the sponsor and sponsoree will be notified by email. In the email, instructions are provided for account renewal.
- Sponsored individuals are responsible for the data created under their account, and must work with their sponsors to preserve any data created under their accounts prior to the account expiration date.
- Sponsored accounts and email content are deleted on the day after the account expiration date.
The paper form for sponsored accounts has been retired as of August 18, 2010.
Please use the online Sponsored Account form instead (see above).
Paper forms submitted to ITS will no longer be processed.
Please contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) for questions about Sponsored Account service.