This service provides customers with an experienced Project Manager (PM) that has professional IT project management knowledge and IT domain expertise. Project Managers may provide any of the following services:
- Project scoping and initiation
- Project requirements gathering and validation
- Project schedule creation and management
- Project budget estimation, creating and tracking
- Project risk identification, management and mitigation
- Project resource identification and tracking
- Project status reporting and communication
- Project issue tracking, remediation and escalation
- Post-implementation review of a project
Use of a Project Manager on a project will ensure a consistent approach for managing your projects based on industry best practices (PMI). PMs will help customers navigate the Project Management process from initiation to completion, providing status tracking and communication. This service also helps minimize the cost of using external vendors to provide project management services.
Service Levels will vary based on the negotiated agreement between the business customer and Information Services. The extent of project management involvement will depend on the complexity and priority of your project. Possible service options include:
- Information Services fully manages your project for you
- Information Services teams with your business lead and co-manages the project
- Information Services provides guidance on PM practices, but the project is managed directly by the business user.