On this page:
See also these pages:
Your myNEU Account
You will use your myNEU* account credentials — username and password — to login to the myNEU Portal as well as access to E-mail, Blackboard, and other Northeastern University services listed below or in the ITS Service Catalog.
Visit myNEU.neu.edu to obtain your myNEU account online. Use the How do I get a myNEU username and password? link and follow the Activate Account prompts. Visit our Get Help x4357 pages if you assistance.
- E-mail — access your E-mail from Northeastern University’s Exchange mail server – usually [FirstInitial.LastName]@neu.edu – using your myNEU username and password with Outlook on your Windows are Mac computer or Outlook Web Access at outlook.neu.edu via a web browser, see E-mail (Faculty and Staff) FAQs
- myNEU — Northeastern University’s community portal (visit myNEU.neu.edu to obtain your account online) is used to access many services including:
- Banner — depending on your user role, you may have access to the Banner Student or Banner Finance administrative enterprise systems
- Blackboard — Northeastern University’s Learning Management System, see Blackboard Support
- Employee Self-Service – enables employees to access their personal information, payroll, and benefits online with Human Resources Management.
- Facilities Online Work Request — report routine repair, maintenance and custodial requests
- Faculty and Advisor Communication Tool (FACT) — used for facilitating communication among faculty, advisors, and students regarding a student’s performance in the faculty member’s class
- Library – Library services and information systems
- myHelp – online self-service help desk for Information Technology Services (for help see the myHelp support page)
- myKnowledge — searchable, self-service help with answers to technical questions and “how to” computer support, see myKnowledge Support
- myNEU Communications — Campus Calendar, NU News, Campus Announcements, etc.
- Parking – apply for parking pass to part in the main Boston campus facilities
- Teacher Rating And Course Evaluation (TRACE) — Instructor evaluation tool results
- Useful Links — NU Bookstore, NU Credit Union, Procurement Services, NU Athletics, etc.
- View the Classrooms — interactive, visual, panoramic displays showing classroom features
- Workstations — visit the My Marketplace under the Services and Links tab to go to Northeastern’s preferred vendors, Dell and Apple, see also Workstation Standards and Purchase Program
- NUnet (Network) — redundant, high-bandwidth, high availability, connectivity from Northeastern’s data network to campus-wide services and the Internet
- NUnet Computer — computer with a base configuration (e.g., pre-installed with a custom image negotiated with vendors) designed to take full advantage of Northeastern’s licensed software applications, see NUnet Computer Standardization and Offering
- NUwave (Wireless Network) — secure wireless network access to NUnet and the Internet, see NUwave Wireless Network FAQs
- VPN (Remote Access Service) — secure encryption remote computer connections to campus resources, for working from home or other off-campus locations, see Remote Access (VPN) Support
Your NUID, a nine-digit unique identifier, is posted in your myNEU portal accounts. Login to myNEU.neu.edu to view your NUID number. Current Faculty and Staff can view their NUID under the Services and Links tab.
See the Husky Card Authorization Form (PDF) to request NUID numbers and HuskyCards to contractors, non-benefits eligible employees, research assistants and visiting scholars.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about obtaining Husky ID cards.
If you have someone who needs access to NUnet, myNEU, or Northeastern’s Exchange email as a temporary associate of the university, a sponsored account, please see the Sponsored Account Requests page for more information and to apply for a sponsored account. Contractors and others affiliated with Northeastern who need email and desktop computer access must obtain sponsored accounts.
Self-help options include myKnowledge and myHelp in addition to the myNEU portal. Use the featured links at the top of this page – or any page in this website – to login directly to myKnowledge, myHelp, or myNEU. See myKnowledge Support or myHelp Support to learn how to use these features.
Once you have gotten your bearings at Northeastern, be sure to visit this site often:
- take advantage of our full range of Services, Software and Training offerings
- learn about Information Technology Services projects and initiatives
- see our Blackboard Support, Classroom Support and Research Support pages
And, as always, ITS Service Desk is here for you when you need to Get Help x4357.