On this page:
See also these pages:
You will use your myNEU* account credentials – username and password – to login to the myNEU Portal as well as to authenticate for access to E-mail, Banner, and other Northeastern University services listed below or in the IS@NU Service Catalog.
Visit myNEU.neu.edu to obtain/activate your myNEU account online. (Generally, your myNEU account will be set up and ready for you to activate within 48 hours of your start as an employee and arrival on campus.) Use the How do I get a myNEU username and password? link and follow the Activate Account prompts. Visit our Get Help x4357 pages if you need help.
- E-mail — once you have activated your account (see Your myNEU Account above) you can access your [FirstInitial.LastName]@neu.edu E-mail from Northeastern University’s Exchange mail server using your myNEU username and password with Outlook (Windows) or Entourage (Mac) or from any computer online using a web browser (for help see the E-mail (Faculty and Staff) FAQs page)
- myNEU — Northeastern University’s community portal (see Your myNEU Account above) is used to access many services including:
- Banner — depending on your user role, you may have access to administrative enterprise systems (see Service Catalog items: Banner Advancement, Banner Finance or Banner Student)
- Blackboard — all students and employees receive Blackboard accounts (see Service Catalog item: Learning Management System / Blackboard; for help see the Blackboard Support page)
- Employee Self-Service – provides employees the ability to manage their relationship with the Human Resources Management group on-line
- Facilities Online Work Request — report routine repair, maintenance and custodial requests
- myHelp — “Your Gateway to IS Support” online self-service help desk, (for help see the myHelp Support page)
- myKnowledge — searchable, self-service help with tens of thousand of answers to technical questions and “how to” computer support (for help see the myKnowledge Support page)
- myNEU Communications — campus news and events (see Service Catalog items: News @ Northeastern and Upcoming Events)
- Useful Links — Library, NU Bookstore, NU Credit Union, Parking Pass, Software Downloads, etc.
- Workstations — visit the Tech Marketplace under the Services and Links tab for Northeastern’s preferred vendors, Dell and Apple (see Service Catalog item: Workstation Standards and Purchase Program)
- NUnet (Network) — redundant, high-bandwidth, high availability, connectivity from Northeastern’s data network to campus-wide services and the Internet (see Service Catalog item: NUnet (Network))
- NUnet Computer — computer with a base configuration (e.g., pre-installed with a custom image negotiated with preferred vendors) designed to take full advantage of Northeastern’s licensed software applications, see NUnet Computer Standardization and Offering
- NUwave (Wireless Network) — secure wireless network access to NUnet and the Internet (see Service Catalog item: NUwave Wireless Network; for help see the NUwave Wireless Network FAQs page)
- VPN (Remote Access Service) — secure encryption remote computer connections to campus resources, for working from home or other off-campus locations (see Service Catalog item: Remote Access Service (VPN); for help see the Remote Access (VPN) Support page)
A 9-digit number has replaced social security numbers (or non-SSN numbers) as the key identifier on most University records and systems.
Your NUID is posted in your myNEU portal account. Login to myNEU.neu.edu to view your NUID number. Current Faculty and Staff can view their NUID under the Services and Links tab.
Visit http://www.neu.edu/registrar/form-husky-card-authorization.pdf (PDF, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) to review the new process for issuing NUID numbers and HuskyCards to contractors, non-benefits eligible employees, research assistants and visiting scholars.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about obtaining Husky ID cards.
If you have someone who needs a sponsored account, please see the Sponsored Account Requests page for more information and to apply for a sponsored account. Contractors and others affiliated with Northeastern who need e-mail and desktop computer access must obtain sponsored accounts.
Self-help options include myKnowledge and myHelp. See myKnowledge Support and myHelp Support to learn more. Use the featured links on any page in this website to login directly to myKnowledge, myHelp, or myNEU.
Once you have gotten your bearings at Northeastern, be sure to visit this site often:
- take advantage of our full range of Services, Software and Training offerings
- learn about Information Services projects and initiatives
- review computing support in our Classroom Support and Research Support pages
And, as always, IS Customer Services is here for you when you need to Get Help x4357.