On this page:
See also these pages:
Your myNEU Account
You will use your myNEU* account credentials — username and password — to login to the myNEU Portal as well as to authenticate for access to E-mail, Blackboard, and other Northeastern University services listed below or in the IS Service Catalog.
Visit myNEU.neu.edu to obtain your myNEU account online. Use the How do I get a myNEU username and password? link and follow the Activate Account prompts. Visit our Get Help x4357 pages if you need help.
- E-mail — access your E-mail from Northeastern University’s Exchange mail server – usually [FirstInitial.LastName]@neu.edu – using your myNEU username and password with Outlook (PC) or Entourage (Mac) or via a web browser, see E-mail (Faculty and Staff) FAQs
- myNEU — Northeastern University’s community portal (visit myNEU.neu.edu to obtain your account online) is used to access many services including:
- Banner — depending on your user role, you may have access to the Banner Student or Banner Finance administrative enterprise systems
- Blackboard — Northeastern University’s Learning Management System, see Blackboard Support
- Course Evaluations — including FACT (Faculty and Advisor Communication Tool) for facilitating communication among faculty, advisors, and students regarding a student’s performance in the faculty member’s class
- Employee Self-Service – provides employees the ability to manage their relationship with the Human Resources Management group on-line
- Facilities Online Work Request — report routine repair, maintenance and custodial requests
- myKnowledge — searchable, self-service help with tens of thousand of answers to technical questions and “how to” computer support, see myKnowledge Support
- myNEU Communications — Campus Calendar, NU News, Campus Announcements, etc.
- TRACE — Teacher Rating And Course Evaluation
- Useful Links — Library, NU Bookstore, NU Credit Union, Parking Pass, etc.
- View the Classrooms — interactive, visual, panoramic displays showing classroom features
- Workstations — visit the Tech Marketplace under the Services and Links tab to go to Northeastern’s preferred vendors, Dell and Apple, see also Workstation Standards and Purchase Program
- NUnet (Network) — redundant, high-bandwidth, high availability, connectivity from Northeastern’s data network to campus-wide services and the Internet
- NUnet Computer — computer with a base configuration (e.g., pre-installed with a custom image negotiated with vendors) designed to take full advantage of Northeastern’s licensed software applications, see NUnet Computer Standardization and Offering
- NUwave (Wireless Network) — secure wireless network access to NUnet and the Internet, see NUwave Wireless Network FAQs
- VPN (Remote Access Service) — secure encryption remote computer connections to campus resources, for working from home or other off-campus locations, see Remote Access (VPN) Support
A 9-digit number has replaced social security numbers (or non-SSN numbers) as the key identifier on most University records and systems.
Your NUID is posted in your myNEU portal account. Login to myNEU.neu.edu to view your NUID number. Current Faculty and Staff can view their NUID under the Services and Links tab.
See the Husky Card Authorization Form(PDF) to review the new process for issuing NUID numbers and HuskyCards to contractors, non-benefits eligible employees, research assistants and visiting scholars.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about obtaining Husky ID cards.
If you have someone who needs a sponsored account, please see the Sponsored Account Requests page for more information and to apply for a sponsored account. Contractors and others affiliated with Northeastern who need e-mail and desktop computer access must obtain sponsored accounts.
Self-help options include myKnowledge and myHelp in addition to the myNEU portal. Use the featured links at the top of this page – or any page in this website – to login directly to myKnowledge, myHelp, or myNEU. See myKnowledge Support or myHelp Support to learn how to use these features.
Once you have gotten your bearings at Northeastern, be sure to visit this site often:
- take advantage of our full range of Services, Software and Training offerings
- learn about Information Services projects and initiatives
- see our Blackboard Support, Classroom Support and Research Support pages
And, as always, IS Customer Services is here for you when you need to Get Help x4357.