- Web based list administration for nearly all tasks, including list configuration, moderation (post approvals), management of user accounts.
- Web based subscribing and unsubscribing, and user configuration management. Users can temporarily disable their accounts, select digest modes, hide their e-mail addresses from other members, etc.
- Per-list privacy features, such as closed-subscriptions, private archives, private membership rosters, and sender-based posting rules.
- Configurable (per-list and per-user) delivery mode
- Regular (immediate) delivery
- MIME digest
- Plain (RFC 1153) digests
- Integrated bounce detection within an extensible framework. Automatic disposition of bouncing addresses (disable, unsubscribe).
- Integrated spam filters
- Built-in web-based archiving
- Integrated auto-replies.
- Majordomo-style e-mail based commands.
- Multiple list owners and moderators are possible.
Mail List Subscriptions
The Mail List Subscription service enables Faculty, Staff and sponsored account holders to request the creation, use and administration of a customized e-mail discussion / e-newsletter lists that can be used to distribute e-mail to a group of people. They are provided with the capability to maintain their own list using web-based and e-mail based tools. The service provides built-in archiving, automatic bounce processing, content filtering, digest delivery, spam filters and personalized preferences.
Service Level Options
Faculty, Staff and Students
Northeastern University Community
Hours of Availability
Service is available 24 x 7 x 365, except during planned maintenance and upgrades.
Support is provided by Information Services during normal University business hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday. To obtain assistance with this service, please contact the Service Desk at 617-373-4357 (HELP).
Currently, there is no charge for this service.
Request for Service
This service can be requested by contacting the Service Desk at 617-373-4357 (HELP).
Version, Date last updated
Last Updated: June 2010