The Mail List Subscription service enables Faculty, Staff and sponsored account holders to request the creation, use and administration of a customized email discussion / e-newsletter lists that can be used to distribute email to a group of people. They are provided with the capability to maintain their own list using web-based and email based tools. The service provides built-in archiving, automatic bounce processing, content filtering, digest delivery, spam filters and personalized preferences.
- Web based list administration for nearly all tasks, including list configuration, moderation (post approvals), management of user accounts.
- Web based subscribing and unsubscribing, and user configuration management. Users can temporarily disable their accounts, select digest modes, hide their email addresses from other members, etc.
- Per-list privacy features, such as closed-subscriptions, private archives, private membership rosters, and sender-based posting rules.
- Configurable (per-list and per-user) delivery mode
- Regular (immediate) delivery
- MIME digest
- Plain (RFC 1153) digests
- Integrated bounce detection within an extensible framework. Automatic disposition of bouncing addresses (disable, unsubscribe).
- Integrated spam filters
- Built-in web-based archiving
- Integrated auto-replies.
- Majordomo-style email based commands.
- Multiple list owners and moderators are possible.
Service Level Options
Faculty, Staff and Students
Northeastern University Community
Hours of Availability
Service is available 24 x 7 x 365, except during planned maintenance and upgrades.
Support is provided by Information Technology Services during normal University business hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday. To obtain assistance with this service, please contact the Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP).
Currently, there is no charge for this service.
Request for Service
This service can be requested by contacting the Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP).
Version, Date last updated
Last Updated: June 2010