Blackboard makes it very easy for an instructor to set up a course site and post material to it. Most instructors prefer using Blackboard for creating and maintaining their own website or online course material. This service allows:
- Faculty to post and students to view/download class materials including class announcements, syllabi, grades, links, documents, course materials
- Student and Faculty communication through discussion boards, email, and virtual classrooms, chats, whiteboarding, messaging, wikis, blogs
- Administration and grading of online course assignments, papers, quizzes, exams, and surveys
- Display and download of multimedia and podcasts
- Integration with the myFiles service, which allows you to store your files on the web so they can be accessed remotely
Blackboard uses myNEU Portal account credentials and is accessible via the portal at myneu.neu.edu.
Blackboard can also be accessible independent of the myNEU Portal by going directly to blackboard.neu.edu.
The College of Professional Studies (Northeastern University Online or NU Online) has its own Blackboard site located at nuonline.neu.edu.
- Northeastern University (NEU) Blackboard: Instructors, Undergrad Day School students, all Graduate Students except for NUOL Grad Students, all Law School students, Teaching Assistants, Guests, and Staff
- Northeastern University Online Blackboard: Northeastern University Online Students, Northeastern University Online Instructors, CPS students
- Enterprise Blackboard: Support is provided by Information Technology Services during Service Desk hours of 7:00am – 12midnight Monday – Saturday, except during holidays and intersession. To obtain assistance with this service, please contact the Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP).
- Northeastern University Online (NU Online) Blackboard: Technical support for Northeastern University Online Blackboard is available 24 x 7 x 365 by calling 855.836.3520. Additionally, the Northeastern University Online Blackboard support portal contains answers to common questions, or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- See also the Blackboard Support page on the ITS website.
Last Updated Date: 09/01/09