How to use the Software Availability Search
To find out what software is available, use the Search By drop down menu.
Select Category or Platform or Availability options to browse through many software titles with additional drop down selections:
- Category (Office Productivity, Simulation/Modeling, Graphics/Web/Multimedia, etc.)
- Platform (Windows, Mac, Unix/Linux, etc.)
- Availability (myNEU Download, NUnet, myApps, etc.)
Select Software title or Department to type specific search terms.
Highlight any individual returned result and click View Details to find out more about the software (version, for example) and how to get it (download, install, use on the campus network, etc.)
Go to the Software Availability Search now.
Or, visit the Software > Featured Software pages on this website.
Apple Computer Software
Office 2008 is available (Faculty and Staff only)
You can obtain your copy of Office 2008 for your NU (university owned) Mac computer by calling the Help Desk at 617-373-4357 (xHELP) or through MacApps on NUnet. Please check that your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for Office 2008.
There are three ways you can access the Office 2008 Mac software:
- On-campus Downloads: Mac users can download certain applications on campus from the shared folder on macapps1.neu.edu. See MacApps on NUnet (PDF) for more information. There are many applications available for download onto NU (university-owned) computers.
- Faculty and Staff Software on CD: Call 617-373-4357 (xHELP) to request software for your NU computer. You will be able to pick up the software you requested on CD in three business days.
- Software Download for Faculty and Staff: You can download software for your Mac from the Services and Links tab on the myNEU faculty and staff portal.
Additional software applications are available through the College of Engineering (COE) computing labs.
- For a list of available software in COE computing labs: http://www.coe.neu.edu/computer/help/software.html
- For hours and locations of COE computing labs: http://www.coe.neu.edu/computer/hours.html