Enterprise Reporting Services provide users with access to enterprise data to be used for both operational reporting and analytical reporting and activities. Requirements gathering and analysis, data modeling, and customizations for reporting are part of this service.
Banner ODS Database is refreshed daily with Admissions, Advancement, Coop Student Placement, Financial, Financial Aid, Student, and Student Accounts data from the Banner OLTP (Transactional) Database, the PlacePro Database, the Powerfaids Database, and Folderwave data. Census data is updated on predetermined event/stat dates with Admissions, Coop Student Placement, Student, Student Accounts and limited Employee data from the Banner ODS Daily Views and the PS/HRM Database.
Service Level Options
- Databases: Read-only. Reporting/Query tool required to access the databases.
- Enterprise Reporting Services: Service levels will vary based on the negotiated agreement between the business customer and Information Technology Services.
Administrative Offices, Colleges, Office of Enrollment Services, and the Office of University Planning and Research (Institutional Research)
Faculty and Staff (approved by supervisor/manager)
Hours of Availability
- Databases: Banner ODS Database – 24 x 7, except during early morning daily refreshes, planned maintenance and upgrades.
Support is provided by Information Technology Services (ITS), specifically the Enterprise Data Service group. Hours of support will vary depending on the negotiated agreement between the business customer and ITS. To obtain assistance with this service, please contact the Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP).
Currently, there is no charge for this service.
Request for Service
- Database Access: Access to the Banner ODS Database can be requested by completing the Application to Create, Change or Remove Banner ODS Access Request Form (PDF). All Reporting Access Request Forms and instructions for completing the forms can be found on the Forms At-A-Glance page.
- Enterprise Reporting Services: This service can be requested by contacting the Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or by submitting a Request for Change (RFC) in myHelp.
Version, Date last updated