Part I: Install Entourage
PLEASE NOTE: Entourage is included in Office 2008 (if you have Office 2004, please upgrade to 2008).
If you already have Office 2008 installed, proceed to Part II: Configure Entourage
- Log into myNEU (http://www.myneu.neu.edu) and go to the Services & Links tab. In the Faculty/Staff Services section, click on Software Downloads. Select Entourage 2008 and follow the instructions to download the file to the desktop.
NOTE: You will be installing Office 2008, in which Entourage is included.
- Open the downloaded installer file from the desktop. Double-click the Office Install button.
- When prompted, click Continue.
- Click Continue to begin the installation process.
- Click Accept to accept the software license.
- On the Product Identification screen, click Continue.
- It is recommended that you quit all running applications before continuing. When ready, click Continue Installation.
- Select the main system drive as the destination, then click Continue.
- To perform a standard installation (recommended), click Install.
- Enter the local system administrator Name and Password, then click OK.
- Installation begins.
- On the Remove Previous Versions of Office screen, click Continue, then follow the prompts to remove any previous versions of Office from your machine.
- Click Close. The Office Setup Assistant will open.
- Select “No, I don’t want to participate at this time.” then click Continue.
- Click Finish to complete Office setup.
- The Microsoft AutoUpdate window will automatically appear after setup has completed. It is recommended that you leave the default selection to “Automatically Check for Updates Weekly”. Click Check for Updates.
- A listing of all Office 2008 updates currently available will display. Click Install to install all necessary updates. After accepting any applicable licenses, the updates will automatically download and install.
- Entourage Patch – IMPORTANT!
Please go to How to Install the Entourage Patch for instructions.
- Launch Entourage either by clicking the Entourage Icon on the Dock, or by selecting it within the Finder (Applications–Microsoft Office 2008–Entourage).
- System Requirements- Please ensure that your versions are up to date as follows.
- Mac OS 10.4.9, at minimum
To check which OS you are using, go to the menu bar at the top left of your screen, click on the Apple icon and select “About this Mac”
- Microsoft Office 2008, at minimum version 12.2.1
To check which version of Office you have, go to the menu bar at the top left of your screen and select Entourage –>About Entourage.
If you do not have version 12.2.1 or higher, go to Help –> Check for Updates. We recommend that you also select the box to Check for Updates Automatically –> Weekly.
- Check to see if you already have installed the Patch
If you installed Office/Entourage 2008 from Software Downloads after 9/14/09, you may have already installed the patch (it is listed as a subcategory for Entourage 2008 in Software Downloads).
To verify if you have already installed the patch- from within Entourage, go to the top left of your screen and select Entourage –>About Entourage. If you have Version 13.0.0, Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition (see screenshot below), you are all set. If not, please install the patch before continuing below.
- Mac OS 10.4.9, at minimum
- From the menu bar at the top of your screen, select Tools–>Accounts.
- Click on the down-arrow next to the “New” icon. Note: Do not click on the icon itself.
- Select Exchange.
- This brings up the Account Setup Assistant.
- Enter your email address
- Select the box “My account is on an Exchange server”
- Click the right arrow to continue
- This brings up the Account Information screen.
- Enter “nunet” for Domain.
- Enter your NUnet username* in the Account ID field, and then your NUnet password*.
- The Automatic Configuration Succeeded message should appear. Click the right arrow.
- On the Verify and Complete Settings screen, ensure that the LDAP server field is blank. Then click the right arrow to continue.
- You may verify your settings by clicking the Verify Settings button; or, click the right arrow to finish up the configuration.
- Setup is now complete!
- If your email does not automatically populate in the main window, click on the down-arrow next to NEU-Exchange (or neu, if that is the name you created) in the left column of the window. Then click on Inbox. If your mail still doesn’t start to appear in the main window, click on the Send/Receive icon, located at the top right of the window.
Questions? Concerns? If your installation did not go smoothly, please contact the ITS Help Line by calling 617.373.4357 (xHELP) and be sure to convey any error messages you received during the installation process.