Part I: Install Outlook
- From your NUnet PC, click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs
- Next, click Add New Programs
(Note: this may take a few minutes to load)
- Scroll down to “Microsoft Outlook 2007 English – Outlook2007″ and click Add
(Note: this may take 5-10 minutes, but you can continue to work on other things)
- When complete, click Close
(Note: you will be asked to reboot your computer. This does not need to happen immediately, but before you configure Outlook in Part 2 below)
- Close Add or Remove Programs window.
Part II: Configure Outlook
- Open your newly installed Outlook by going to Start / Programs / Microsoft Office / Outlook 2007. You will see the configuring Outlook Accounts box.
- Select Next
- On the Account Configuration screen, select Yes. Then click Next.
- Your full first and last name and your @neu.edu e-mail address are auto-filled on a NUnet machine. Enter your NUnet password and do it again. Then click Next. (Note: please make sure you do NOT check the box at the bottom to manually configure settings)
- You will see this security alert and click Yes to proceed.
- Please enter your NUnet username and password*
(The format for your username MUST be NUnetusername)
- You will see this screen. Wait until you see the last item ‘Your e-mail account is successfully configured to use Microsoft Exchange.’
Questions? Concerns? If your installation did not go smoothly, please contact the IS Help Line by calling 617-373-4357 (xHELP) and be sure to convey any error messages you received during the installation process.