Part I: Install Outlook
- From your NUnet PC, click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs
- Next, click Add New Programs
(Note: this may take a few minutes to load)
- Scroll down to “Microsoft Outlook 2007 English – Outlook2007″ and click Add
(Note: this may take 5-10 minutes, but you can continue to work on other things)
- When complete, click Close
(Note: you will be asked to reboot your computer. This does not need to happen immediately, but before you configure Outlook in Part 2 below)
- Close Add or Remove Programs window.
Part II: Configure Outlook
- Open your newly installed Outlook by going to Start / Programs / Microsoft Office / Outlook 2007. You will see the configuring Outlook Accounts box.
- Select Next
- On the Account Configuration screen, select Yes. Then click Next.
- Your full first and last name and your @neu.edu email address are auto-filled on a NUnet machine. Enter your NUnet password and do it again. Then click Next. (Note: please make sure you do NOT check the box at the bottom to manually configure settings)
- You will see this security alert and click Yes to proceed.
- Please enter your NUnet username and password*
(The format for your username MUST be NUnetusername)
- You will see this screen. Wait until you see the last item ‘Your email account is successfully configured to use Microsoft Exchange.’
Questions? Concerns? If your installation did not go smoothly, please contact the ITS Help Line by calling 617.373.4357 (xHELP) and be sure to convey any error messages you received during the installation process.