Remote Access Service (VPN) Windows Install Directions and Screenshots
- Review the System Requirements below. Ensure that you have the following:
- XP SP2 and SP3
- Vista with Internet Explorer 6.0 or later or
- Firefox 2.0 or later with ActiveX enabled or install Sun Java version 1.5 or later.
- To check your version of Java, go to the Start menu, select ‘Run’ and type ‘cmd’ in the space provided.
In the window that opens, type ‘java -version’ and press Enter. The version of Java will appear.
- If you do not have Java on your computer, you can download it from http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp. Add https://remote.neu.edu as a trusted site on your browser.
- Go to the Remote Access Network by typing connect to remote access VPN by typing https://remote.neu.edu/ or go to the Using Remote Access Service (VPN) page and once you have read and agreed to the terms, click on the CONNECT button
- Login using your NUnet username and password
- The Appropriate Use message will appear. Click Continue.
- On the screen that appears, click the button labeled ‘start AnyConnect’. That brings up a box that says ‘Cisco AnyConnect’. When asked to do the install, press ‘Allow’. Your browser will automatically download, install, and run the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client software.
- Once loaded, a screen appears saying Connection Established and an icon will appear in the taskbar on the lower right side of the screen. You may close your browser at this point.