On this page:
See also these pages:
The Office of the Provost, in partnership with Information Technology Services, has significantly expanded the high-performance computational resources available to the University research community by establishing the Opportunity Research Computing Environment. This high performance cluster is intended to support the broad and diverse areas of research conducted at Northeastern in the physical, social, life and health sciences, bioinformatics and nanotechnology. The Opportunity cluster provides access to many well known applications, including MATLAB, Mathematica, Maple, SAS, Stata and various Intel and GNU compilers. (See the Software > Featured Software page.)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an account.
- Tutorial: Getting Started on the Opportunity Linux Cluster (PDF)
- Introduction to Linux: A Hands on Guide (PDF)
- Opportunity Linux Cluster (Ganglia) Status, Dashboard (Website)
- Office of the Provost, Research (Website)
- ATS Description of Opportunity:
- Opportunity is a four year old Rocks 5.2 cluster, recently replaced head node and software version. Housed in Richards Hall Computer Room. 65 cores, 2 TB disk.
- Software includes Abaqus, Amber, Ansys, CHARMM, Fluent, Fortran compilers, Gromacs, Mathematica, Matlab, Schrodinger, Simulink, and Stata.
- The Opportunity cluster was purchased by the Provost for community use.
- Most users are graduate students involved in assorted research projects.
The Office of Research Administration and Finance (RAF) has been working with Academic Technology Services on the implementation of Coeus, a cradle-to-grave sponsored research proposals and awards management system originally developed at MIT and now managed by the Coeus Consortium. Please see the RAF website for more information about their pre-award (research administration) through post-award (research finance) services for researchers at Northeastern University.
Information Technology Services offerings of special interest to the research community include:
- Departmental Network Share Storage
- Database Hosting
- High Performance Computing
- Research Computing Consultation
To see the entire ITS Service Catalog, visit the Services section of this website.
Information Technology Services provides licensing and distribution of statistical and other research related software including:
To learn more about Software and Software Licensing services, visit the Software section of this website.
Faculty who are interested in pursuing new initiatives are invited to contact Academic Technology Services (ATS) at email@example.com.