On this page:
See also these pages:
- How to Install and Configure Entourage on a Mac
- How to Install and Configure Outlook 2007 on a NUnet PC
- How to Configure iPhone for Exchange E-Mail
- How to Add or Remove Members from a Group in Outlook
- How to Add a Department or Shared Mailbox in Outlook
- How to Migrate from Entourage to Outlook for Mac 2011
- How To Set Up Outlook for Mac 2011
- How To Import a .pst or .olm file to Outlook for Mac 2011
How do I access my e-mail on the Web?
Open a Web browser and type in this address: http://outlook.neu.edu. Login using your myNEU* username and password. (See Get Started > Staff – Academic and Administrative > Your myNEU Account if you have not yet activated your account. Please note that it can take up to an hour for newly created myNEU accounts to be recognized by the Web e-mail system.)
What are some of the features of the Outlook Web based e-mail system?
The Outlook Web based e-mail system has an intuitive look and feel and provides many features (not all features available in all browsers, Internet Explorer recommended) making it possible to:
- Set “out of office” automatic e-mail replies
- Search and sort e-mail quickly and easily
- Use “drag and drop” to manage mail messages (filing, deletion)
- Create personalized e-mail “stationery”
- Read encrypted e-mail (You will also be able to read encrypted mail on your NU BlackBerry)
- View at a glance whether a message has been replied to or forwarded
- Delegate meetings and tasks
- Make menu options appear with a right click of your mouse (Ctrl click on the Mac)
What Web browsers are supported by Outlook web access e-mail system?
Internet Explorer 6 & 7 support the full web client, and Firefox 2.0 supports the light version. On the Mac, Outlook Web Access (the light version) works with FireFox 2.0, but does not work with Safari. You can download FireFox from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/.
How do I get a faculty/staff e-mail (Exchange) Account?
Faculty and staff receive e-mails accounts when they arrive to the university, but contractors and others affiliated with Northeastern who need e-mail and desktop computer access must obtain sponsored accounts to use these resources. Go to Get Started
I have forgotten my Exchange Password. How can I get a new one?
Call 617-373-4357 (HELP) for assistance with passwords or any other issues or use myHelp to open a help ticket for a password reset.
How can I learn more about Outlook or Entourage?
You can take a training class with ISCS. Sign up or review class schedule online. Go to Training. You can also search myKnowledge for solutions to specific questions you may have.
How can I find out how to use Outlook/Entourage?
The login page for your e-mail will feature helpful links. IS Training offers sessions as well. Visit the Training section of our Website for more information or search myKnowledge for answers. See myKnowledge Support for tips and tricks for best results.
Who can I contact if I have more questions?
Contact the IS Help Line 617-373-4357 (HELP) if you have additional questions or if you need assistance.
I see an “IBM access/deny message” that reappears every time I try to do something on the new e-mail system. What should I do?
The next time the message appears, select remember this decision and then select Allow. By allowing this you will be able to send rich text e-mails and you will have ctrl-click menu options. Also, you will be able to send e-mail attachments easily.
I want to forward my NEU e-mail to another mail system. How can I do this with Outlook Web Access?
Please contact the Service Desk for assistance. You may e-mail email@example.com or call 617-373-4357 (HELP). For self-service, search the knowledge base, myKnowledge, for an Outlook web e-mail forwarding solution. See myKnowledge Support for tips on searching for the best answers to your questions.
I want to use POP for my NU e-mail. How do I configure my e-mail client for POP?
You cannot, as POP is not a supported protocol at this time.
I use IMAP for my NU e-mail. How do I configure my e-mail client for IMAP?
- Your e-mail address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Your e-mail password (this is your NUnet password).
- Your myNEU password (this might be different than your NUnet password.)
- The outgoing SMTP (send) e-mail server: smtpauth.neu.edu
- Port: 587 (an SSL port)
- Username: myNEU username
- Password: myNEU password
- Incoming IMAP (receive) e-mail server: outlook.neu.edu
- Port: 993 (an SSL port)
- Username: NUnet username
- Password: NUnet password
- E-mail applications which can use IMAP:
- Mac Mail
- Opera Mail
- Blackberry BIS
NOTE: The outgoing e-mail server requires a secure connection. On your e-mail client, you must select ‘use SSL.’
Office for Mac 2011 includes the new Outlook for Mac with a similar look and feel to the current versions of Outlook for Windows. You will be able to access your faculty/staff Northeastern email (see support page How to Set Up Outlook for Mac 2011) using Outlook on a Mac in the same way that you access it on a Windows PC. Outlook for the Mac also supports migration of account information from Entourage. (Entourage users can continue to use this application concurrently with Outlook.)
See the Office 2011 for Mac page for more information and helpful resources.
- Outlook 2007 Quick Reference (PDF)
- Entourage 2004 Quick Reference (PDF)
- Entourage 2008 Quick Reference (PDF)
- Entourage Help and How-To (from Microsoft site)
- Outlook Help and How-To (from Microsoft site)