On this page:
See also these pages:
Login to myKnowledge and search the knowledge base to find:
- Detailed instructions for using classroom technology such as media equipment, classroom computers or personal laptops, lecture capture, student response systems (i.e., clickers), or video conferencing
- Tips for troubleshooting classroom technologies
- Specific classroom operating instructions with links to panoramic views showing seating arrangements and equipment locations
For best practices on how to use the knowledge base, see the myKnowledge Support page.
- Training — Information Services regularly offers classes on Blackboard, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access), public speaking and more. See Training for current schedules and online registration.
- Service Requests — To request media technologies and equipment that may not be installed in a classroom or to request technical support for using media and equipment, login to myHelp and make requests from the Service Catalog. See the myHelp Support page to learn more about how to submit a self-service request online.
- Classroom and Event Presentation Media, Digital Media and Learning Management — Information Services provides assistance and training to create and use digital media materials, including podcasts, which can be integrated into your Blackboard courses. See the Blackboard Support pages, Related Service Catalog Offerings below, or the following Classroom Support pages:
- Software, File Storage and Wireless — Information Services also provides anywhere, anytime access to some popular applications via myApps, and centralized file storage and sharing services in myFiles, both of which are accessible in your classroom either on the installed computer or on your laptop. Wireless network accessibility and wireless presentation support are also available. See Tips: Effective Use of Wireless in the Classroom.
- Additional Resources — Other classroom technology resources are available on the second floor of Snell Library:
Related classroom technology services in the official IS@NU Service Catalog include:
- Classroom and Presentation Technical Support
- Classroom Technology Training
- Exam Processing
- Learning Management System / Blackboard
- Media / Computer Equipment
- myNEU Portal
- Network Distributed Applications
- NUwave Wireless Access
Faculty who are interested in learning more about services in the academic technologies portfolio or in pursuing new initiatives are invited to contact Academic Technology Services at email@example.com.