Telephone Services for Students
Residence Hall rooms are equipped with phone jacks, but students must contact Verizon directly at 1-800-Verizon (837-4966) for land line service. Students will need to purchase telephones before arriving to school.
Telephone Services for Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff may request telephone service through the use of the new self-service tool myHelp or by calling the Information Technology Services Help Line at x4357. myHelp provides an opportunity for self-service requests which you will find located in the Service Catalog under Telephone Services Requests.
Below you will find our user guides which you will find helpful in using our services. Some of the following documents are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat on your computer, you can download the free Adobe Acrobat reader.
- Voicemail System Menu – Boston campus
- Verizon Voice Mail System Upgrade FAQs
- Voice Mail User Guide (PDF)
- Boston Telephone User Guide
- Burlington Telephone User Guide (PDF)
- Dedham Telephone User Guide (PDF)
- Conference Calling Directions (PDF)
- 6504 and 6508 ISDN Telephone User Guide (PDF)
- Telephone Equipment Request – Please place service requests online using myHelp. Click on ‘Service Catalog’ and choose from the options in the Telephone Services section.
- Telephone Service Work Order – Please place service requests online using myHelp. Click on ‘Service Catalog’ and choose from the options in the Telephone Services section.
- To access a mailbox that was on the old voice mail system (prior to February 24, 2014):
- Dial 617.373.9064.
- Press #.
- Enter your 10-digit (617373XXXX) mailbox number and passcode for your old mailbox.
- To return to your new mailbox, hang up and redial 7500.