Requesting Help from Information Services

Did you know that Northeastern faculty, staff, and students can use myHelp to engage Information Technology Services? You can use my Help to report a computer, media, or software problem (an incident), request information or access to an existing product or service (a Service Catalog request), or submit an RFC (request for change to add, change or remove a major product or service).

How to find myHelp:
To access myHelp, go to myNEU. Log in with your myNEU username and password.

  • For Faculty and Staff, you will find the link to myHelp on the Services and Links tab.
  • For Students, you will find the myHelp link on the Self-Service tab.

Once you log in you will see a section of the home page titled “Self Service”. From this section you can report an issue, request a product or service or submit a change request (Faculty and Staff only).

How to report a Problem:
To report a problem you click the “Report an issue (i.e. an Incident)” link. Your name will appear in the area entitled “open on behalf of this user”. If you are opening an incident on behalf of another person, you can put the name of that person in this field by clicking on the magnifying glass, searching, and selecting the appropriate person. An IS staff member will contact that person directly to follow-up. Once the name has been entered, briefly describe the nature of your issue, including the make and model of the equipment or name and version of the software. In the next field describe your issue in detail, providing as much information as possible to enable the support staff to diagnose and resolve your incident as quickly as possible. When done, click the submit button. NOTE: The ticket you submitted will appear in “My Open Incidents” list on your myHelp homepage. By clicking the ticket number you will see the details and be able to enter any additional information that may help diagnose and resolve the issue in the “Additional Comments” section of the form.

How to submit a Request:
To make a request in myHelp, select the “Request products or services from the Service Catalog” link in the “Self Service” section of the homepage. You will be shown the Service Catalog where many products and service options are available. Depending on your role here at the university, different options are available to Faculty, Staff and Students. If the product or service you would like to request is not listed, click the “Submit a Request (add, change, or remove a service not listed here)” link in the “Other Services” section of the catalog. After you select an item, you will see a screen where you need to add information relating to your request.

How to submit a Request for Change (Faculty and Staff Only):
To request an new service, a change in an existing service, or the removal of a service no longer required, go to Request a Change and enter as much information as you know including a description of the change, the justification for the change, the risk involved, and the date and time when you would like the change to occur.

If you have any questions, please visit the myHelp Support page, or contact the ITS Service Desk at x 4357 or at

Posted in 2012 December IS Newsletter.