The Digital Media Commons serves the entire Northeastern community, providing crucial workspaces, technology, research and collaboration spaces along with technical and Library resources. The DMC provides new access to high-end and specialized hardware and software previously only available to members in specialized programs. Now capabilities in animation, GIS, CAD, high-quality printing, video and audio production are available to all. Dual-monitor Apple and PC workstations provide high-power computing to deliver seamless media production, modeling, data analysis, and more.
An open house was held on November 6th in the Digital Media Commons on the second floor of Snell Library to demonstrate some of the work that this space enables. Among the projects on display were:
- Digital Art student work, hosted by professor Ed Andrews
- Digital Mask Making, hosted by Theater Professor Matt Gray
- An augmented reality iPad app for architectural visualization, hosted by Professor Terrence Masson
- Two student-led Game Design Capstone projects currently under development, hosted by Professor Mark Sivak
- An Architecture Design Review, with Professor Tim Love
- Simulation modeling for an Industrial Engineering course
Please continue to have a look around the DMC, and if you have any questions or feedback, contact us.