See New Features in Blackboard 9 Service Pack 9 for more information.
NEU Blackboard (not NU Online) will be unavailable for a period of 24-hours from December 28 at 10pm to December 29 at 10pm. The purpose of the outage is to install the most current service pack that will address minor bugs, update existing functions, and add features. This outage only impacts the NEU Blackboard and has no impact on the NU Online site.
The Service Pack will include bug fixes and improvements. Some of the features that will be enabled by this Service Pack are:
- Interactive Rubrics (rubrics sharing) to enable consistent and fair grading for students
- Course Files permissions adhere to content availability settings (security improvement)
- Support for the "Common Cartridge 1.1" standard for exporting and importing course content. View Common Cartridge YouTube video
- Improved McGraw-Hill content integration
- Grade Center improvements, improvement to "Needs Grading" feature
- Improved tutorials for educators
- SCORM content player improvements
- Site performance improvements
- Your instructors will be able to share grading rubrics with you and other students
- Your instructor can post links to the required books for your courses
- You will see improvements in the speed and performance of the Blackboard website
For more information, please contact the Help Desk at 617.373.HELP (x4357)