There are several distribution methods for software for on- and/or off-campus use depending on licensing agreements, University affiliation, and computing platforms. Some software may be downloaded and installed, other software may only be accessed while logged on to the Northeastern University network.
- Software Download service on myNEU Portal — software available for download and install for mobile (laptop), home or campus use; distribution methods include:
- Students: use the “Self-Service” tab, look for Software Downloads under “Study and Course Resources”
- Faculty and Staff: use the “Services and Links” tab, look for Software Downloads under “Faculty / Staff Services”
- Direct from Vendor
- Faculty and Staff only: currently, Matlab (from Math Works) and Mathematica (from Wolfram Research) are available; see the previously written article about Matlab, and/or review license access information available in myKnowledge
- Software Pickup
- Faculty and Staff only: submit your Request for software through myHelp
- Electronic Distribution
- Faculty and Staff only: download through links provided electronically; submit your Request for software through myHelp
- Network Access Applications — software available for use while authenticated on the Northeastern University network; distribution methods include:
- Faculty and Staff only: MacApps (Server Share) — Apple users use the MacApps key server for access to University licensed applications for Faculty, Staff and Students.
- myApps — provides remote (off-campus) access to University licensed applications for Faculty, Staff and Students
- Network Distributed Applications — provides customers with access to certain University licensed applications using University owned, centrally managed computers (in labs and classrooms, e.g.)
See the Software > Available Software page to learn how to use the Software Availability Search to find out what software is available through each of the distribution methods. Or, visit the Software > Featured Software page for a quick overview of featured applications.