On April 28, 2013, Information Technology Services updated the NU Blackboard environment. Many new and improved features are now available as a result of this update.
The new “My Blackboard” features Global Navigation, Posts, Updates, and Calendar integration that enable faculty and students to stay up-to-date on what’s going on across all their Courses and Organizations in Blackboard.
- Students will now experience a “Grades” feature that will display grades from all courses.
- Faculty will now have a “Retention Center” that will keep faculty informed as to student progress across all courses he/she is teaching.
The new Content Editor provides new features that make it easier create and share both simple and rich content:
- The Video Everywhere feature uses Content Editor to instantly create videos using a webcam.
- For assessment improvements, the Item Analysis feature helps refine test and quizzes, evaluating the quality of both the question and response.
- The Fill in the Blank question enhancement gives faculty the option of multiple answers as opposed to one “exact” answer. The answer can “contain” or “match the pattern.” This makes grading fill in the blank questions more automated.
- Discussion Boards have been redesigned, making the experience more intuitive (more like most discussion boards) and easier to navigate.
- File Picker will now be available whenever there is a need to attach files. This feature will still be available in the Content Editor area.
Stay tuned as Blackboard is going to get a bit more “social” in the fall.