Blackboard Service Pack 9 features a new modern look and feel and many feature enhancements and bug fixes.
All of your course material was preserved through the upgrade, so your courses are ready to go for the beginning of Winter/Spring 2013 term. Please log into Blackboard to try the new version, make your new courses available to students, and mark your old courses unavailable to students.
Some of the new features and enhancements of Service Pack 9 (which also includes Service Pack 8 enhancements) are:
- A new modern look and feel that retains the ease-of-use and placement of features
- Quicker course-to-course navigation
- Pre-designed course structures and themes to help with your course design
- Enhanced grading options, including automatic re-grading of tests/quizzes
- Support for the Common Cartridge 1.2 standard
- Security and privacy enhancements
- An updated Rubric feature
- Notifications Dashboard alerts by Text Message (SMS)
Please see further announcements on the NEU Blackboard site at blackboard.neu.edu. Follow the links below for more information:
- Service Pack 9 new features
- Quick video overview of new features in SP9
- In-depth introductory video tutorials from Lynda.com (Click the “Log In” button and log in using your Northeastern University Blackboard username and password)
- Information Services Blackboard SP9 information