ALERT: New Vulnerability in ALL Versions of Internet Explorer
Microsoft and US-Cert have released an alert about a vulnerability in all versions of Internet Explorer (IE 6 – IE 11) that could allow an attacker to install and run code on a computer. Read more.
ITS@Northeastern NewsUPDATE\r\n\r\nSent 5/23/2014 at 9:35 a.m. EDT\r\n\r\nOver the last 24 hours the Boston campus has been experiencing intermittent network connectivity issues, ...Next week, in an ongoing effort to enhance the security of our campus wireless networks, Information Technology Services will be implementing changes...Microsoft has released an alert about a newly discovered vulnerability in all versions of Internet Explorer (IE 6 – IE 11) that allow an attacker...Update - 4/10/2014 at 2:30 p.m.\r\nHeartbleed Bug: What You Need To Know\r\nAs you may be aware from an ITS email (see post above) and technology news c...A phishing email with the subject line \"Last Warning!!!\" has been received by many members of the Northeastern community. If you receive this email, p...Are you still using Windows XP or know someone who is?\r\n\r\nOn April 8, 2014 Microsoft support will end for Windows XP. As a result ITS will no longer s...Printing got easier\r\nITS has improved the printing experience over the last few months. Highlights include:\r\n\r\n new printer driver software\r\n expanded...ITS has several ways of informing the Northeastern community of an outage, planned or otherwise. Here’s what you can do to stay in the know:\r\n\r\n Fol...Cross-post from Academic Technology Services\'s Blackboard @ Northeastern blog \r\nOn December 22, 1013, Blackboard was upgraded to Service Pack 14.\r\n...
Learn more about:
- wireless Internet connectivity through NUwave
- standard audio-visual equipment in most classrooms
- high speed and robust Internet connection in the residence halls (ResNet)
- InfoCommons - 24/7 computing facility
- a centralized high performance research computing cluster and hosting facility
- access to Blackboard (learning management system)
- a vast array of academic and administrative software applications
- myNEU, the electronic gateway to Northeastern faculty, staff, students and parents to check grades, obtain electronic rosters, pay bills, register for classes, sign-up for housing, engage in the co-op process, and more
- SharePoint - an online collaborative workspace tool for faculty and staff
- a remote access service (VPN) - provides end-to-end secure access between a remote computer and on-campus computing resources
- Instant messaging, desktop sharing, online conference and more with Microsoft Lync