ITS@Northeastern NewsDownload the latest FREE antivirus software to help protect your computer (PC and Mac) now from myNEU.\r\n\r\nWhy should I upgrade to the new Symantec E...This week Apple released its latest desktop operating system - OS X Mavericks (10.9). For the first time Apple is offering the operating system for fr...If you are using a computer in an ITS managed lab or a faculty/staff member with a NUnet imaged PC, there is a new place to look for software availabl...Today Apple released its latest mobile operating system, iOS 7. Here is some information that you may find helpful if you own an iOS device.\r\n\r\nWhat i...Information Technology Services (ITS) is excited to be involved with the opening of the newly renovated first floor of Snell Library. Spearheaded by ...ITS has been working on several upgrades over the summer that will improve the printing experience. Highlights include new printer driver software, ex...In addition to the upgrades to the InfoCommons, Information Technology Services has now rolled out LabMaps, a system displaying which computer worksta...Inline Assignment Grading enhances the grading experience for faculty in Blackboard Learn. Instead of requiring instructors to download student-submit...Mathematica 9, a computational software program used for calculations, modeling, and research, is now accessible to Northeastern students, faculty and...
Welcome to ITS and Northeastern!
Summer has been a very busy season for ITS and the Northeastern community, from the renovations and upgrades to the InfoCommons and the first floor of Snell Library, to an easier, simpler and more accessible printing system and improvements in teaching technologies. Finally, you may have noticed we have a new name - Information Technology Services - or ITS for short. Our new name reflects our purpose within Northeastern - to be your source for technology, be it services, resources or ideas.
Whether you are new to Northeastern, returning to campus or taking classes online, ITS is here for you. We hope you have a great 2013-2014 academic year.
Learn more about:
- wireless Internet connectivity through NUwave
- standard audio-visual equipment in most classrooms
- high speed and robust Internet connection in the residence halls (ResNet)
- InfoCommons - 24/7 computing facility
- a centralized high performance research computing cluster and hosting facility
- access to Blackboard (learning management system)
- a vast array of academic and administrative software applications
- myNEU, the electronic gateway to Northeastern faculty, staff, students and parents to check grades, obtain electronic rosters, pay bills, register for classes, sign-up for housing, engage in the co-op process, and more
- SharePoint - an online collaborative workspace tool for faculty and staff
- a remote access service (VPN) - provides end-to-end secure access between a remote computer and on-campus computing resources
- Instant messaging, desktop sharing, online conference and more with Microsoft Lync