Microsoft to retire Windows XP on April 8, 2014. Have you upgraded?
Click here to learn more about upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7 and get answers to frequently asked questions.
ITS@Northeastern NewsAre you still using Windows XP or know someone who is?\r\n\r\nOn April 8, 2014 Microsoft support will end for Windows XP. As a result ITS will no longer s...Printing got easier\r\nITS has improved the printing experience over the last few months. Highlights include:\r\n\r\n new printer driver software\r\n expanded...ITS has several ways of informing the Northeastern community of an outage, planned or otherwise. Here’s what you can do to stay in the know:\r\n\r\n Fol...Cross-post from Academic Technology Services\'s Blackboard @ Northeastern blog \r\nOn December 22, 1013, Blackboard was upgraded to Service Pack 14.\r\n...January is starting off with lots of popular software classes including Microsoft Excel and Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator! A new class we ...Securing your iPhone and Android smartphone is just as important as securing your computer. Your phone contains much personal information such as pi...Find your laptop connecting to NUwave-guest and not NUwave? There is a way to modify your computer’s wifi preferences so that you are always connect...Windows XP – retiring April 8, 2014\r\nMicrosoft has announced that support for Windows XP will end in 2014. Faculty, staff and labs currently using ...\r\n\r\nLocated on the first floor of Snell Library (by Argo Tea), the Discovery Lab is home to regularly changing exhibitions and events that provoke tho...
Learn more about:
- wireless Internet connectivity through NUwave
- standard audio-visual equipment in most classrooms
- high speed and robust Internet connection in the residence halls (ResNet)
- InfoCommons - 24/7 computing facility
- a centralized high performance research computing cluster and hosting facility
- access to Blackboard (learning management system)
- a vast array of academic and administrative software applications
- myNEU, the electronic gateway to Northeastern faculty, staff, students and parents to check grades, obtain electronic rosters, pay bills, register for classes, sign-up for housing, engage in the co-op process, and more
- SharePoint - an online collaborative workspace tool for faculty and staff
- a remote access service (VPN) - provides end-to-end secure access between a remote computer and on-campus computing resources
- Instant messaging, desktop sharing, online conference and more with Microsoft Lync