After a semester of working closely with numerous Northeastern student ventures, it became time for the IDEA management team to select five to be eligible to receive Gap Funding. On Monday, April 5th those five ventures, AnnieMulz, HypeGenius, Golcio, Bandzu and Style Check, presented their extensive venture road maps and milestones to IDEA’s advisory board and management team. Each venture put a lot of hard work into their presentations and sparked great discussion and questions.
The next step for the ventures is to work on the constructive feedback they received from our advisory board and then present one last time at our April 20th Gap Funding Event. While the Gap Funding Event is invite only, it will be a significantly larger crowd than April 5th’s presentations. At the conclusion of the presentations there will be networking and refreshments before the Gap Funding recipients are announced. The unique facet of the Gap Fund is that there is no limit to the number of ventures that will be funded. Each venture has the chance to be the recipient of up to $10,000 in pre-seed funding, if they are determined to be ready to use the funding to achieve their milestones.
If you are not coming to our event on the 20th, be sure to check out our Facebook and Twitter (@IDEANEU) that evening for the announcement of the recipient(s). In addition, throughout the next couple months we will feature each of the five ventures on the Student Spotlight section of our homepage. For a brief description of the five ventures, see below.
- Annie Mulz – A high quality urban clothing company inspired by the “Animal in Man.”
- HypeGenius – A social media marketing company for musicians and other clients.
- Golcio – A business-to-business e-commerce portal that targets emerging markets in Latin America.
- Bandzu – An online band management platform that organizes a band’s important information.
- Style Check – A mobile application that provides fashion-related decision support to consumers.