What do you get when you put a bunch of entrepreneurs in a room for an entire weekend, all with ideas for new and innovative products competing for a cash prize? Northeastern’s Entrepreneurs Club is about to find out! Starting today and lasting until Sunday, Innoweekend is a competition between students from all of Northeastern’s colleges who team up to create a new prototype or service. Here are five reasons you should attend:
- Great guest speakers and panelists: Learn from some of Northeastern and the Boston startup community’s best, including IDEA‘sCEOs (past and present) Max Kaye and Chris Wolfel, Cort Johnson of Terrible Labs, and representatives from MassChallenge, Startup Institute, Rough Draft Ventures and more.
- The chance to jumpstart a company: Whether you have had an idea brewing for ages or you’re in the first stages of development, there is no better place for you to get going than Innoweekend. With tons of resources and entrepreneurial energy throughout these 48 hours, you’ll be motivated through product ideation and development, business planning and even pitching.
- Cash prizes: Speaking of motivation… the winner of Innoweekend will receive $1000 in funding to continue the development of their product.
- Mentoring from previous winners: You may be thinking that creating a product in just 48 hours sounds a bit daunting. But previous Innoweekend winners will be there to mentor, assist, and share their success stories. Gain some insight and learn what it takes to win!
- Free food: Because what would an Entrepreneurs Club event be without free food?!
IDEA loves fostering the entrepreneurial spirit, and can’t think of a better event to fuel ideas and the passion for entrepreneurship than Innoweekend. It’s not too late to sign up! Join Northeastern’s Entrepreneurs Club tonight in 150 Dodge Hall at 6 pm to experience all that InnoWeekend has to offer.