List of Publications
Families of ideals in a power series ring in two variables,
(Arthur Mattuck, advisor), M.I.T., 1970.
Articles and Books that have appeared:
- Punctual Hilbert Schemes, BAMS 78 (1972), 810-823 (MR 46 #7235).
- Reducibility of the family of 0-dimensional schemes on a variety, Inventiones
Math. 15 (1972), 72-77 (MR 46 #170).
- Number of generic singularities, Rice University Studies 59, Part 1
(1972), 49-52 (MR 49 #10693).
- An algebraic fibre bundle over $P^1$ that is not a vector bundle, Topology
12 (1973) (MR 49 #5009)
- Memoir, AMS. Punctual Hilbert schemes. Mem. Amer. Math. Soc. 10
(1977), no. 188, viii+112 pp.
- (with Jacques Emsalem) Some zero-dimensional generic singularities: finite
algebras having small tangent spaces, Compositio Math. 36 (1978), 145-188
(MR 81c #14004).
- (with Alan Altman and Steven Kleiman) Irreducibility of the compactified
Jacobian , pp. 1-12 in Real and Complex Singularities, Oslo 1976, P. Holm,
editor, Sijthoff & Noordhoff, Alphen aan den Rign, Netherlands, 1978
(MR 58 #16650).
- (with Joel Briancon) Dimension of the punctual Hilbert scheme, Journal
of Algebra 55 (1978), no. 2, 536--544. (MR0523473 (80g:14013)).
- Deformations of zero-dimensional complete intersections, after M. Granger,
T. Gaffney, with appendix: Global Hilbert Scheme $Hilb^QP^r$ after Gotzmann,
pp. 92-105 in Proceedings of the Week of Algebraic Geoemtry, Bucharest,
1980, L. Badescu and H. Kurke, editors, Teubnertexte #40, B.G. Teubner,
Leipzig, 1981 (MR 84j:14012).
- Deforming complete intersection Artin algebras., pp. 593-608 in Singularities,
PSPM #40, part 1, American Math Society, Providence, RI, 1983.
- Compressed algebras: Artin algebras having given socle degrees and
maximal length, Trans. AMS 285 (1984),337-378.
- Compressed algebras and components of the punctual Hilbert scheme,
pp.146-185 in Algebraic Geometry, Sitges 1983, Lecture Notes in Math. vol
1124, Springer-Verlag 1985.
- Tangent cone of a Gorenstein singularity, in Proceedings of the conference
on Algebraic Geometry, Berlin 1985, H.Kurke and M. Roczen, eds., Teubnertexte
zur math. vol. 92, Teubner, Leipzig, 1986, pp. 163-176.
- (with Joan Elias) The Hilbert function of a Cohen-Macaulay local algebra:
extremal Gorenstein algebras, J. Algebra 110 (1987), 344-356.
- Hilbert scheme of points: Overview of last ten years, in Algebraic
Geometry, Bowdoin 1985, S. Bloch, editor, PSPM #46 Part 2, Amer. Math.
Soc.,Providence, 1987, pp. 297-320
- The Hilbert function of a Gorenstein Artin algebra, p.348- 364 in Commutative
Algebra, Proceedings of a Microprogram held June 15-July 2,1987 at MSRI,
M. Hochster, C. Hunecke, J.D. Sally, Editors, Springer-Verlag, New York,
- (with David Bernstein) A nonunimodal graded Gorenstein Artin algebra in codimension five, Comm. in Algebra 20(8), (1992), 2323-2336.
- Memoir, AMS. Associated graded algebra of a Gorenstein Artin algebra, 117 p.,AMS
Memoir Vol. 107 #524 (1994).
- (with Jacques Emsalem), Inverse system of a symbolic power I. J. Algebra,
174, (1995), 1080-1090
- Inverse system of a symbolic power, II: the Waring problem for forms,
J of Algebra, 174, (1995), 1091-1110.
- Inverse system of a symbolic power III: thin algebras and fat points,
Compositio Math. 108, (1997), 319-356.
- Gorenstein Artin algebras, additive decompositions
of forms and the punctual Hilbert scheme, in
Commutative Algebra, Algebraic Geometry, and Computational Methods
[Proceedings of Hanoi Conference in Commutative Algebra (1996)], D. Eisenbud, ed.,
Springer-Verlag (1999), 53--96. For downloadable dvi file:
(With Vassil Kanev)
Power Sums, Gorenstein Algebras, and Determinantal
Loci, 345+xxvii p., Springer Lecture Notes in Mathematics #1721,
December, 1999. More about the book
- (With Steven L. Kleiman) The Gotzmann Theorems and the Hilbert Scheme,
Appendix C to above book, 23p.
More about the Appendix
(The Appendix is separately listed on the title
page of book)
- (With Clare D'Cruz), High order vanishing ideals at $n+3$ points of $\mathbf P^n$, in
Commutative algebra, homological algebra and representation theory
(Catania/Genoa/Rome, 1998). J. Pure Appl. Algebra 152
(2000), no. 1-3, 75--82.
- (With Young Hyun Cho), Hilbert functions of level algebras, J. Algebra 241 (2001), 745-758.
For downloadable dvi file of related preprint:
- Dr. Ruth I. Michler's Research, p. 1-7 in ``Topics in Algebraic
and Noncommutative Geometry: Proceedings in memory of Ruth Michler'', C. Melles, J. Brasselet,
G. Kennedy, editors, AMS Contemporary Mathematics series, # 324, 2003.
- (With Joachim Yameogo) The family G_T of graded
Artinian quotients G_T of k[x,y] of given Hilbert function, Communications in
Algebra, Vol. 31 \# 8, 3863--3916 (2003).
ArXiv alg-geom./9709021(The early
version and posting of 1997 (see "Reports" iii. below) has been replaced with the 2003 preprint close
to the extensively revised final article, main results are the same, both will be on the ArXiv)
- Ancestor ideals of vector spaces of forms, and level
algebras, J. Algebra, 272 (2004), 530--580.
- Betti strata of height two ideals, J. Algebra 285 (2005) no. 2, 835--855.
ArXiv : math.AC/0407364
- (With Hema Srinivasan) Some Gorenstein Artin algebras of embedding dimension four:
$\PGOR (H)$ for $ H=(1,4,7,\ldots ,1)$, Journal
of Pure and Applied Algebra 201 (2005) # 1-3. 62--96.
ArXiv : math.AC/0412466
- Hilbert functions of Gorenstein algebras associated to a pencil of forms, p. 273-286
in Proceedings of the Conference on
Projective Varieties with Unexpected Properties, C. Ciliberto, A. Geramita, B. Harbourne, R. Mir\'o-Roig,
K. Ranestad, editors (de Gruyter) (2005) ISBN-10:3-11-018160-6.
- (with R. Basili) Pairs of commuting nilpotent matrices, and Hilbert function,
J. Algebra 320 # 3 (2008), 1235-1254. ArXiv math.AC: 0709.2304.
- (with M. Boij) Reducible family of height three level algebras,J. Algebra 321 (2009),
- (with R. Basili and L. Khatami), Commuting nilpotent matrices and Artinian algebras, J. Commutative
Algebra (2) #3 (2010), p. 295--325.
- (With Young Hyun Cho),Inverse systems of zero-dimensional schemes in $\mathbb P^n$, J. Algebra 366 (2012),
- (with L. Khatami), Bound on the Jordan
type of a generic nilpotent matrix commuting with a given matrix,
to appear, J. of Algebraic Combinatorics.
Reports (not refereed)
Preprints or articles in preparation:
- (with Jacques Emsalem) R$\'e$seaux de coniques et alg$`e$bres de longueur
7 associ$\'e$es (Nets of conics and length 7 algebras associated to them),
49p., U. of Paris VII, (1977).
- Vanishing ideals at multiple points of $P^r$, p. 109-113, in Commutative
Algebra, Extended abstracts of an International Conference at Vechta, 1994,
W. Bruns, editor (1994).(BD 13).
- (With V. Kanev), The length of a homogeneous form, determinantal loci
of catalecticants and Gorenstein algebras, preprint, 150 p.. 1996.
An early version of the book , this was circulated, and led to work by
several other groups. This version
was a rather more specialized monograph preprint than the actual book . Since this preprint was circulated and referenced in some
articles by others, we listed in Appendix E of  which sections of the book replace which sections of
- (with Joachim Yameogo) Graded ideals in k[x,y] and partitions,II: ramification
and a generalization of Schubert calculus. 44p., preprint, U. Nice. (early version of #28) For Abstract and downloadable file:
- (with M. Boij) Duality for central simple modules of Artinian Gorenstein algebras.
- (with Joachim Yameogo) Graded ideals in $k[x,y]$, and Partitions,I: Partitions
of diagonal lengths T and the hook code, preprint, 49 p.
- (With Young Hyun Cho), Gorenstein Artin algebras arising from punctual schemes in Projective
Space, preprint, 2000. (revision in preparation)
- (With Hema Srinivasan), Some Gorenstein Artin algebras of embedding dimension four, II: Betti strata
of $PGOR(H)$ for $H=(1,4,7,h,7,4,1)$.
- (with Franco Ghione, Gianni Sacchiero), Restricted Tangent Bundles of Rational Curves in $\mathbb P^r$,
(revision of older preprint in progress)
- Consecutive genera for irreducible Arithmetically Cohen-Macaulay Space Curves.
Annotated publication list (Includes brief descriptions, and some context)
Ph.D. students' articles related to dissertation
Reviews of A. Iarrobino papers (you must have access to MathSciNet to use this link)
back to A. Iarrobino web page
NU Math Dept web page