Training & Development
Northeastern provides a variety of opportunities for faculty and staff to broaden their knowledge in their current roles as well as to learn new skills. Human Resources Management offers workshops and leadership programs. We are in the process of building additional offerings so please check back regularly.
An important Northeastern benefit which support professional development is our tuition remission program which enables you to pursue undergraduate or graduate degrees. Northeastern also offers a wide range of certificate and executive development programs.
Departmental training is often available and many staff members work on cross-functional or college-based project teams as a means of developing.
Training and Development Resources
We have developed an easy to use Training Guide as well as a comprehensive Training and Resource Toolkit to assist individuals and departments in the development of customized training programs and resource materials.
- The Training Guide provides a quick overview of the five steps to follow to understand the key components of training.
- The Training and Resource Toolkit provides a step-by-step process and offers templates to assist in the development of customized training programs and resource materials for your area.
If you have questions, please contact Elisabeth Hughes, firstname.lastname@example.org, Manager of Training and Development, or Amber Kestner, email@example.com, Training and Development Consultant.
Department Sponsored Training
In addition, below is a selection of available training opportunities across the university. Please contact the appropriate department for more information on each area.
- Accounts Payable offers training on the policies and procedures related to proper Procard usage and allows new cardholders to discuss any questions or concerns they may have.
- Banner Finance Help Page provides an introduction to Banner Finance and includes training documents and videos.
- HRM provides resources and regular training for PeopleAdmin (PDF) and Banner HR (PDF). For training schedule, please contact Elisabeth Hughes
- ITS Training Services offers free, instructor led classes at all levels, on commonly used applications such as Microsoft Office as well as general wokplace skills.
- Lynda.com is an online video training resource. Courses range from tutorials on software to workplace skills.
- The Office for Institutional Diversity and Inclusion can provide training on a range of issues including discrimination, harassment and Title IX compliance. Please contact Donna Fitzpatrick at Do.Fitzpatrick@neu.edu to learn more or schedule training sessions.
- The Office of the General Counsel hosts brown bag seminars on a variety of legal topics of interest to the University.
- Procurement Services offers in person training on the various procurement policies and services available at the University.
- The Public Safety Division offers a wide variety of personal safety and physical security programs designed to help protect and educate the Northeastern community.