Learning & Development
Northeastern provides a variety of opportunities for faculty and staff to broaden their knowledge in their current roles as well as to learn new skills. Human Resources Management offers workshops and leadership programs. Our catalog of training programs is published three times annually.
Department sponsored training is often available, scroll down for more information and links. If you are interested in developing training for your department, HRM Learning & Development offers resources and guidance. Please check out the Resources section at the bottom of the page or contact our department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Development Opportunities (Updated August 31st)
HRM Learning & Development is pleased to offer expanded programming for individuals across the university to promote individual skill development that aligns with the Northeastern Leadership Competency Model. If you are interested in attending one of our programs, please discuss it with your manager prior to enrolling.
Fall 2016 Training Catalog
We are excited to announce the Fall 2016 Training Catalog! This semester includes a bunch of new courses and a repeat of some favorites from prior semesters. Click here to view the current Fall 2016 Training Catalog.
Please take a look and register to attend!
Performance Management Training Opportunities
Performance Management training has gone online. Please check out our Blackboard Site: HRM Learning for an online training on Setting Goals and one on Writing Your Self-Assessment.
If you’re looking for general information on the Performance Management cycle, past presentations or the tools, please click here for more information.
Department Sponsored Training
In addition, below is a selection of available training opportunities across the university. Please contact the appropriate department for more information on each area.
- Academic Technology Service (ATS) Provides faculty with training related to teaching technologies, including Blackboard, Tegrity for lecture capture, and Social Media Tools and Best Practices.
- Accounts Payable offers training on the policies and procedures related to expense reports (Concur) and corporate credit card usage (American Express).
- Banner Finance provides an introduction to Banner Finance and includes training documents and videos.
- Global Student Success (GSS) supports the success of international students at Northeastern University. To promote internationalization at Northeastern, GSS hosts webinars that focus on ways faculty and staff can better serve our international student populations. Click here to learn more about upcoming webinars.
- Human Resources Management provides resources and regular training for PeopleAdmin (PDF) and Banner HR (PDF). For PeopleAdmin training, contact HRM_PeopleAdmin@northeastern.edu for Banner HR training, contact Megan Candido, email@example.com.
- ITS Training Services offers free, instructor led classes at all levels, on commonly used applications such as Microsoft Office as well as general workplace skills.
- Lynda.com is an online video training resource. Courses range from tutorials on software to workplace skills.
- The Office for Institutional Diversity and Inclusion can provide training on a range of issues including discrimination, harassment and Title IX compliance. Please contact Donna Fitzpatrick at Do.Fitzpatrick@northeastern.edu to learn more or schedule training sessions.
- The Office of the General Counsel hosts brown bag seminars on a variety of legal topics.
- Procurement Services offers in person training on various procurement policies and services.
- The Public Safety Division offers a wide variety of personal safety and physical security programs designed to help protect and educate the Northeastern community.
Training and Development Resources
We have developed an easy to use Training Guide as well as a comprehensive Training and Resource Toolkit to assist individuals and departments in the development of customized training programs and resource materials.
- The Training Guide provides a quick overview of the five steps to follow to understand the key components of training.
- The Training and Resource Toolkit provides a step-by-step process and offers templates to assist in the development of customized training programs and resource materials for your area.
If you have any questions, please contact us: