Training & Development
Training and Development
Northeastern provides a variety of opportunities for faculty and staff to broaden their knowledge in their current roles as well as to learn new skills. Human Resources Management offers workshops and leadership programs. We are in the process of building additional offerings so please check back regularly.
Departmental training is often available and many staff members work on cross-functional or college-based project teams as a means of developing.
If you have questions, please contact Elisabeth Hughes, email@example.com, Manager of Training and Development, or Amber Kestner, firstname.lastname@example.org, Training and Development Consultant.
One of the most utilized benefits and development opportunities is our generous tuition remission program which enables you to pursue undergraduate or graduate degrees through our part-time evening and weekend programs. Northeastern also offers a wide range of certificate and executive development programs.
In addition, below is a selection of available training opportunities across the university. Please contact the appropriate department for more information on each area.
- Accounts Payable offers training on the policies and procedures related to proper Procard usage and allows new cardholders to discuss any questions or concerns they may have.
- Banner Finance Help Page provides an introduction to Banner Finance and includes training documents and videos.
- IS Training Services offers free, instructor led classes at all levels, on commonly used applications such as Microsoft Office as well as general wokplace skills.
- Lynda.com is an online video training resource. Courses range from tutorials on software to workplace skills.
- The Office for Institutional Diversity and Equity can provide training on a range of issues including discrimination, harassment and Title IX compliance. Please contact Donna Fitzpatrick at Do.Fitzpatrick@neu.edu to learn more or schedule training sessions.
- The Office of the General Counsel hosts brown bag seminars on a variety of legal topics of interest to the University.
- Procurement Services offers in person training on the various procurement policies and services available at the University.
- The Public Safety Division offers a wide variety of personal safety and physical security programs designed to help protect and educate the Northeastern community.