The Graduate Assistant (GA) is a part-time professional staff member in the Department of Residential Life and is enrolled in a master's degree program at Northeastern. The GA, while having administrative duties, is also responsible for working directly within Residential Life to support student staff and provide them with development opportunities. In addition, GA's serve on a departmental committee, Graduate Assistant Growth Experience or (GAGE). This provides the GA's with the opportunity to serve on a committee that provides a strong focus on the empowerment and professional development of the Graduate staff during their time with the department.
The following are opportunities have been afforded to graduate assistants for the 2013-2014 academic year:
- Act as Administrative Hearing Officer
- Participate in two departmental committees
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Groundbreaking Living Learning Community development
- Plan/Present/Facilitate Resident Assistant (RA) Training
- Participate in RA Selection Days – including interviews and group process
- Assisting with move-in/out and opening/closing of buildings
- Assist with University wide initiatives
For questions, contact Jeremy Weinberg at email@example.com
The 2013-2014 process is now available. Apply by clicking on the "GA Application" link to the right.
The 2013-2014 application process will close on March 22nd, 2013. Please submit your completed application before this date to be considered for a position.