Moving to campus Brochure
The Moving to Campus (pdf) brochure provides some details about moving into our residence halls!
What you may want to bring to campus:
If possible, you and your roommate(s) should decide in advance whether one of you will bring amenities or whether you would like to buy things like rugs, and so on, after you get to campus. Each student is provided a bed, dresser, desk and chair along with a Resnet (internet) port per person and wireless internet. Each room is also furnished with at least one closet, window shades and a Husky Cable port.
- Air-tight food-storage containers
- Bike Helmet – Visit thehubway to participate in this city-wide program
- Clock radio/alarm clock
- Clothes hangers
- Desk lamp (not halogen)
- Extra-long twin sheets (sometimes labeled Collegiate Twin Sheets) that will fit all University beds, which are commonly 80 inches long
- Flashlight & batteries
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Laundry bag, detergent
- Nonflammable metal wastebasket
- Oral thermometer
- Power outlet strip (12 or 14-gauge wire)
- Shower shoes and caddy
- Small refrigerator (not more than 5.0 cubic feet)*
- Under-the-bed sweater/storage boxes (no deeper than 10 inches)
*In all traditional and suite-style accommodations you are not permitted to bring your own microwave, therefore, if you wish to have a microwave you may rent a micro-fridge prior to moving to campus.