Housing Selection & Placement
Housing Information and Resources
- Important Dates and Reminders
- Friday, January 11, 2013 @ 5:00pm: Application Due Date for ALL STUDENTS
- Monday, February 4, 2013: LOTTERY & WAITLIST Notification E-mails Sent Out
- Monday, February 11, 2013 @ 12 Noon: Deposits Due Date for Current 2nd year + students
- February 25-27th: 5:30-8:30pm: Info Sessions and Tours
- Thursday, February 14, 2013 8-8pm: On-Line General Selection: Lottery Numbers (1-755)
- Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8-8pm: On-Line Group Selection: Lottery Numbers (756-1544)
- Thursday, February 21, 2013 8-8pm: On-Line Group Selection: Lottery Numbers (1545-2730)
- Monday, February 25, 2013 8-8pm: On-Line Individual Selection: Lottery Numbers (756-1544)
- Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8-8pm: On-Line Individual Selection: Lottery Numbers (1545-2730)
- Week of March 4, 2013: Spring Break
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8-8pm: On-Line Group Selection Day 1: Lottery Numbers (2800-3863)
- Thursday, March 14, 2013 8-8pm: On-Line Group Selection Day 2: Lottery Numbers (3864-4927)
- Tuesday, March 19, 2013 8-8pm: On-Line Group Selection Day 3: Lottery Numbers (4928-6200)
- Thursday, March 21, 2013 8-8pm: On-Line Individual Selection: Lottery Numbers (2800-6200)
- Check this schedule for the exact time of your selection appointment. (Lottery Schedule by Number)
- In-Person and Phone Support at Speare Commons; If you have any questions at any point, please call or stop into our office at 4 Speare Commons. Staff will be available to assist you during our normal business hours Monday-Thursday 8:30am-7:00pm and Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. We will also have extended hours during Housing Selection period. Please call 617-373-2814 (voice), 1-800-240-7666 / 1-800-240-ROOM (voice) or 617-373-4019 (tty) if you would like to speak with a staff member.
Once you are offered a lottery number in the process you must secure your space by depositing. To secure your lottery number, you must pay your Fall 2013 housing deposit on-line prior to Monday, February 11, 2013 at Noon. If you wish to secure housing for Spring 2014, you can also make a deposit at this time. Please note, although it is not required, space will become limited for Spring 2014.
Deposit Instructions: To deposit, log onto the myNEU Portal and click on NUPay. At the top of your screen, click on Make a Payment and select Upper-class Fall 2013 Dorm Deposit. If you are unable to make a payment on-line, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a deposit slip, which you can then bring to the Student Account's Office, 354 Richards Hall, along with your credit card, cash, or a check made payable to Northeastern University.
You cannot be charged for a housing deposit. Deposits must be student generated and cannot be added to a bill.
All Current "Eligible" Students: Using Housing On-line
The "Housing On-line" selection system will be available starting Thursday, February 14, 2013. Consult the selection schedule for times and guides.
- Housing Selection Schedule
- Housing Fact Sheet
- System Requirements
- On-line Housing Selection Guides
- Instructions on Forming Roommate Sets
Current Second Year + Students
In order to be "eligible", a student must have a lottery number AND a deposit on file for the 2013 Fall Semester. You will also have the opportunity to select an upper-class themed housing option during either time. In an effort to keep roommate sets together, we are offering students the opportunity to select as a 5- or 4- person group during Group Selection or as an individual or smaller roommate set at Individual Selection. In order to be "eligible", a student must have a lottery number AND a deposit on file for the 2013 Fall Semester.
Current First Year Students
You will have the option to select as an individual or to pull any eligible roommates into your apartment. In an effort to keep roommate sets together, we are offering opportunity to select as a 5- or 4- person group during Group Selection or as an individual or smaller roommate set at Individual Selection.
You will have the option to select as an individual or to pull any eligible roommates into your apartment.
Group Selection for current first year students will be start on Tuesday, March 12, and end on Thursday, March 14, 2013 and Individual Selection will be start on Tuesday, March 19, and end on Thursday, March 21, 2013.
We are pleased to inform you that the deposits for Spring 2014, Summer I and Summer II 2013 are now available on NUPAY. Simply log-on to myNEU and click on NUPAY, there you will enter the payment system. Select "Make a Payment" at the top of the screen and choose the terms you wish to deposit for.
- Undergraduate Upperclass Spring 2014: $200.00 (Deposit Code is: SP14)
- Undergraduate Upperclass Summer I 2013 : $200.00
- Undergraduate Upperclass Summer II 2013: $200.00
We strongly encourage you to place your housing deposit prior to March 15, 2013 in order to secure your space for summer!
Each summer session requires a $200 deposit, the money will go towards your housing costs for the appropriate term.
If you are on any type of scholarship that covers housing deposits please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com to make arrangements for summer sessions. (Please be aware not all scholarships cover summer housing expenses, so plan accordingly!)
It is important to understand that once you deposit the cancellation fee schedule applies to you. To review the cancellation fee schedule click here.
Housing & Residential Life uses e-mail as its official form of communication with students. All communication will be sent by e-mail. As a courtesy, Housing & Residential Life also sends out numerous reminder emails to individuals who do not submit their application and deposit.