New Student/Transfer Application Process

Review the following residential housing information and complete the steps below.

  • Complete the housing application online at
    If you do not have Internet access, call Housing & Residential Life.  (617) 373-2814 (voice), (800) 240-ROOM, (617) 373-8794 Fax, (617) 373-4019 TTY and e-mail at
  • You will be asked to accept the terms and condition of the Residence Hall and License Agreement before being allowed to complete your housing application.  (This agreement commits you to live on campus for specified number of semesters.  Failure to sign this contract prior to or upon check-in at your residence hall may lead to cancellation of you or housing privileges.)
  • Answer the roommate compatibility questions as honestly and as accurately as possible, as they will be used to determine your roommate assignment(s).  Please note you can change your questions on your compatibility up to May 1st.  If you are changing your roommate request, you must inform Housing & Residential Life in writing at  For transfer students beginning in September, these changes must be received by May 1.

Housing Requests:

  • Roommates:  You may request a specific roommate by providing both their names and myNEU user-name on your housing application.  If you are requesting more the one roommate, please e-mail with the student's names and NUID#.  We will need the roommates to do to the same, so we know that his is a mutual request.
  • Accessibility:  Please indicate any need for accessible housing on the housing application (examples include wheelchair access, lowered counter/desk heights, and strobe light alarms), and submit supporting documentation to the Disability Resource Center.  For more information about Disability Resource Center, please go to
  • Smoking:  All smoking is prohibited in the all the halls.