For Parents of Second Year USP Students and Above
All information about the 2015-2016 Housing Selection & Placement Process is e-mailed to your student at his/her HuskyMail e-mail address.
Your student can apply by logging onto the Self-Service tab of the myNEU portal.
As a University Scholar your student is guaranteed housing and will receive a lottery number for the Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 if he/she applies by the January 21st deadline. Once your student receives a lottery number, he/she will be required to submit a deposit by February 17, 2015 at noon in order to secure your place in the selection process. The only requirement at this time is for your student to submit an application by 11:59pm EST on January 21st. Any students who do not apply by January 21st will receive a waitlist position and will not be able to participate in the room selection process. If your student is unsure as to whether or not they will be living on campus for Fall 2015 or Spring 2016, Housing & Residential Life recommends that they apply anyway. Both Fall and Spring housing is limited and your student will not be eligible to receive a lottery number if they do not apply on time. If plans change students can cancel their Fall housing with no penalty by May 15, 2015 and their Spring housing by October 1, 2015.
- Students will receive a lottery number via HuskyMail the week of February 2nd,and then will have until February 17th to secure their space by paying a $200 deposit via myNEU.
Schedule of Events for 2015-2016 Housing Selection and Placement
- January 21 by 11:59PM EST Application Submission Deadline
- Week of February 2: Lottery Numbers and Waitlist Numbers Released via HuskyMail to students
- February 17: Deposit Deadline for students who receive lottery numbers
- February 23 - March 5: Current Second Year and above Student Housing Selection (if applicable)
- May - August: PAWS (Placement Assistance with Staff) Process (if applicable)
Summer I & II 2015: Is your student looking for information on Summer Housing? Summer deposits are available now. Your student can simply log-on to myNEU and click on NUPAY, there he/she will enter the payment system. Next, select "Make a Payment" at the top of the screen and choose the terms to deposit for.
- Undergraduate Upperclass Summer I 2015: $200.00
- Undergraduate Upperclass Summer II 2015: $200.00 (Please note: If your student does not live on campus for Fall 2014, the Summer II move out date is August 19th. There will not be any extensions granted)
If your student has a medical condition and requires a Housing Accommodation please have them review the process for submitting paperwork by clicking the link below.
- Housing Accommodation Process
- Documentation Must be Received by January 21, 2015 in order to be considered for Fall 2015!
If you have any questions, please contact Housing & Residential Life at 617.373.2814 or 800.240.ROOM (voice), 617.373.8794 (fax), 617.373.4019 (TTY), firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail) or stop by our office in Speare Commons.
Housing & Residential Life