For Parents of Second Year USP Students and Above
All information about the 2014-2015 Housing Selection & Placement Process is e-mailed to your student at his/her HuskyMail e-mail address.
Your student can apply by logging onto the Self-Service tab of the myNEU portal.
The only requirement at this time is for your student to submit an application by 11:59pm EST on January 15th. Any students who do not apply by January 15th will receive a waitlist position and will not be able to participate in the lottery process. If your student is unsure as to whether or not they will be living on campus for Fall 2014 or Spring 2015, Housing & Residential Life recommends that they apply anyway. Both Fall and Spring housing is limited and your student will not be eligible to receive a lottery number if they do not apply on time. If plans change students can cancel their Fall housing with no penalty by May 15, 2014 and their Spring housing by October 1, 2014.
- Students will receive a lottery number via HuskyMail on February 18th, they will then have until February 24th to secure their space by paying a $200 deposit via myNEU.
Schedule of Events for 2014-2015 Housing Selection and Placement
- 1/15/14 11:59PM EST Application Submission Deadline
- 2/18/14 Lottery Numbers and Scheduled Selection Date/Time Released via HuskyMail to students
- 2/24/14 Deposit Deadline for students who receive lottery numbers
- 2/24/14-2/26/14 Housing Tours and Info Sessions nightly starting at 5pm in Speare Commons
- 2/27/14-3/20/14 Current Second Year and above Student Housing Selection
Summer I & II 2014: Is your student looking for information on Summer Housing? Summer deposits are available now. Your student can simply log-on to myNEU and click on NUPAY, there he/she will enter the payment system. Next, select "Make a Payment" at the top of the screen and choose the terms to deposit for.
- Undergraduate Upperclass Summer I 2014: $200.00
- Undergraduate Upperclass Summer II 2014: $200.00 (Please note: If your student does not live on campus for Fall 2014, the Summer II move out date is August 19th. There will not be any extensions granted)
If your student has a medical condition and requires a Housing Accommodation please have them review the process for submitting paperwork by clicking the link below.
- Housing Accommodation Process
- Documentation Must be Received by January 15, 2014 in order to be considered for Fall 2014!
If you have any questions, please contact Housing & Residential Life at 617.373.2814 or 800.240.ROOM (voice), 617.373.8794 (fax), 617.373.4019 (TTY), email@example.com (e-mail) or stop by our office in Speare Commons.
Housing & Residential Life