For Parents of Second Year Students and Above
All information about the 2015-2016 Housing Selection & Placement Process is e-mailed to your student at his/her HuskyMail e-mail address.
Your student can apply by logging onto the Self-Service tab of the myNEU portal.
As an upperclassmen, your student is not guaranteed housing for 2015-2016. In order to participate in the random lottery process, the only requirement, at this time, is for your student to submit an application by 11:59pm EST on January 21st. Any student that does not apply by January 21st will not be able to participate in the lottery process and will automatically receive a waitlist number. If your student is unsure as to whether or not he/she will be living on campus for Fall 2015 or Spring 2016, Housing & Residential Life recommends that your student apply anyway. Fall and Spring housing is limited, therefore, students will not be eligible to receive a lottery number if they do not apply on time. If your student's plans change he/she can cancel their Fall housing with no penalty by May 15, 2015 and their Spring housing by October 1, 2015. Since your student is not guaranteed housing they will fall into one of the two categories below:
- Students who receive a lottery number will be notified via HuskyMail the week of February 2nd,. They will then have until February 17th to secure their space by paying a $200 deposit via myNEU.
- Students who receive a waitlist number will also be notified via HuskyMail the week of Frebruary 2nd. More information on their status as well as off campus resources will be made available at the time of their notification.
Schedule of Events for 2015-2016 Housing Selection and Placement
- January 21 by 11:59PM EST Application Submission Deadline
- Week of February 2: Lottery Numbers and Waitlist Numbers Released via HuskyMail to students
- February 17: Deposit Deadline for students who receive lottery numbers
- February 23 - March 5: Current Second Year and above Student Housing Selection (if applicable)
- May - August: PAWS (Placement Assistance with Staff) Process (if applicable)
Summer I & II 2015: Is your student looking for information on Summer Housing? Summer deposits are available now. Your student can simply log-on to myNEU and click on NUPAY, there he/she will enter the payment system. Next, select "Make a Payment" at the top of the screen and choose the terms to deposit for.
- Undergraduate Upperclass Summer I 2015: $200.00
- Undergraduate Upperclass Summer II 2015: $200.00 (Please note: If your student does not live on campus for Fall 2014, the Summer II move out date is August 19th. There will not be any extensions granted)
If your student has a medical condition and requires a Housing Accommodation please have them review the process for submitting paperwork by clicking the link below.
- Housing Accommodation Process
- Documentation must be received by January 21, 2015 in order to be considered for Fall 2015!
If you have any questions, please contact Housing & Residential Life at 617.373.2814 or 800.240.ROOM (voice), 617.373.8794 (fax), 617.373.4019 (TTY), email@example.com (e-mail) or stop by our office in Speare Commons.
Housing & Residential Life