For Parents of First Year Students
The housing application for Fall and Spring 2014-2015 is now available! Your student can apply by logging onto the Self-Service tab of the myNEU portal.
All information about the 2014-2015 Housing Selection & Placement Process is e-mailed to your student at his/her HuskyMail e-mail address.
Since your student is currently in his/her first year at Northeastern, he/she is required to live on campus during their second year. (Unless your student is on an out of state coop or on study abroad. Students must provide appropriate documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org) The only requirement for your student is that they submit an application by 11:59pm EST on January 15th. Any first year students who do not apply by January 15th will receive higher lottery numbers as a result of not applying within the allotted time. Below is a schedule of our selection and placement events.
Schedule of Events for 2014-2015 Housing Selection and Placement
- 1/15/14 11:59PM EST Application Submission Deadline
- 2/18/14 Lottery Numbers and Scheduled Selection Date/Time Released via HuskyMail to students
- 2/24/14-2/26/14 Housing Tours and Info Sessions nightly starting at 5pm in Speare Commons
- 3/24/14-3/28/14 Current First Year Student Housing Selection
Summer I & II 2014: Are you or your student looking for information on Summer Housing? Summer deposits are available now. Simply log-on to myNEU and click on NUPAY, there you will enter the payment system. Select "Make a Payment" at the top of the screen and choose the terms you wish to deposit for.
- Undergraduate Upperclass Summer I 2014 : $200.00
- Undergraduate Upperclass Summer II 2014: $200.00 (Please note: If your student does not live on campus for Fall 2014, the Summer II move out date is August 19th. There will not be any extensions granted)
If you believe your student should be exempt from the Fall 2014, Spring 2015 residency requirement please have them review and submit the following form.
If your student has a medical condition and requires a Housing Accommodation please have them review the process for submitting paperwork by clicking the link below.
- Housing Accommodation Process
- Documentation must be received by January 15, 2014 in order to be considered for Fall 2014!
If you have any questions, please contact Housing & Residential Life at 617.373.2814 or 800.240.7666 (voice), 617.373.8794 (fax), 617.373.4019 (TTY), email@example.com (e-mail) or stop by our office in Speare Commons.
Housing & Residential Life