For Parents of First Year Students
The housing application for Fall and Spring 2015-2016 is now available! Your student can apply by logging onto the Self-Service tab of the myNEU portal.
All information about the 2015-2016 Housing Selection & Placement Process is e-mailed to your student at his/her HuskyMail e-mail address.
Since your student is currently in his/her first year at Northeastern, he/she is required to live on campus during their second year. (Unless your student is on an out of state coop or on study abroad. Students must provide appropriate documentation to email@example.com) The only requirement for your student is that they submit an application by 11:59pm EST on January 21st. Any first year students who do not apply by January 21st will receive higher lottery numbers as a result of not applying within the allotted time. Below is a schedule of our selection and placement events.
Schedule of Events for 2015-2016 Housing Selection and Placement
- January 21 by 11:59PM EST Application Submission Deadline
- Week of February 2: Lottery Numbers and Scheduled Selection Date/Time Released via HuskyMail to students
- March 2 - 4: Housing Tours and Info Sessions nightly starting at 5pm in Speare Commons
- March 17 - 25: Current First Year Student Housing Selection (if applicable)
- May - August: PAWS (Placement Assistance with Staff) Process (if applicable)
Is your student participating in NUterm 2015? NUterm is Summer I for current freshmen. Freshmen participating in NUterm are required to live on campus as it is a continuation of the freshmen year. If your student plans to participate in NUterm he/she may indicate it on the housing application. Once students register for classes for NUterm, they will automatically be enrolled in on-campus housing. The process for selecting housing for NUterm will be released in March.
If you believe your student should be exempt from the NUterm 2015, Fall 2015, Spring 2016 residency requirement please have them review and submit the following form.
If your student has a medical condition and requires a Housing Accommodation please have them review the process for submitting paperwork by clicking the link below.
- Housing Accommodation Process
- Documentation must be received by January 21, 2015 in order to be considered for Fall 2015!
If you have any questions, please contact Housing & Residential Life at 617.373.2814 or 800.240.7666 (voice), 617.373.8794 (fax), 617.373.4019 (TTY), firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail) or stop by our office in Speare Commons.
Housing & Residential Life