What to Bring
How are the rooms furnished?
The University provides each student with a bed, desk, chair, dresser, and window shade. This is true whether you are living in a traditional residence hall, a suite-style accommodation, or an apartment. Some double and triple rooms have only one closet to share with your roommate(s).
If possible, you and your roommate(s) should decide in advance whether one of you will bring amenities or whether you would like to buy things like rugs, and so on after you get to campus.
What you may want to bring to campus:
- Air-tight food-storage containers
- Bike Helmet – Visit http://www.thehubway.com/ to participate in this city-wide program
- Clock radio/alarm clock
- Clothes hangers
- Desk lamp (not halogen)
- Extra-long twin sheets (sometimes labeled Collegiate Twin Sheets) that will fit all University beds, which are commonly 80 inches long
- Flashlight & batteries
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Laundry bag, detergent
- Nonflammable metal wastebasket
- Oral Thermometer
- Power outlet strip (12 or 14-gauge wire)
- Shower shoes and caddy
- Small refrigerator (not more than 5.0 cubic feet)*
- Under-the-bed sweater/storage boxes (no deeper than 10 inches)