Students may apply to join the Honors Program at specific points in their academic careers:
- Incoming first-year students are automatically reviewed by the Admissions Office and the Honors Program and are invited to participate based on their high school academic record, including achievement on the SAT and/or ACT tests and high school GPA, and leadership and community service.
- First-year students have the opportunity to apply to the Honors Program during their first and second semesters at Northeastern. If admitted, they will enter into the Honors Program during the following semester. Application decisions are made at the end of the semester, following the review of the student’s application and grades. Successful candidates will possess a minimum cumulative 3.8 GPA at the conclusion of their applying semester.
- First-Year students applying for Fall 2016 entry should submit their application by March 4th, 2016.
- In addition to the completed online application, students must also provide an on-campus reference.
- Students with junior or senior standing, who are seeking Honors in the Discipline distinction, should consult their college website for information.
- For more information about joining the Honors Program, please email email@example.com.