Students may apply to join the Honors Program at specific points in their academic careers:
- Incoming first-year students are automatically reviewed by the Admissions Office and the Honors Program and are invited to participate based on their high school academic record, including achievement on the SAT and/or ACT tests and high school GPA, and leadership and community service.
- First-year students, who have a minimum cumulative 3.8 GPA may apply to join the Honors program at the end of the first semester of their freshmen year or at the end of the second semester of their freshmen year.
- Applications are due in mid-Fall 2014 for admission in Spring 2015, and in mid-Spring 2015 for admission in Fall 2015.
- In addition to the completed online application, students must also sit for an interview with an Honors staff member and provide an on campus reference.
- Students with junior or senior standing and who have been approved to complete Honors in the Discipline are automatically enrolled in the University Honors Program. Please see your specific college’s web site for information on how to complete Honors in your major.
- For more information about joining the Honors Program please email email@example.com.