Northeastern University provides graduate assistantships and other financial support to a limited number of qualified full-time graduate students who have demonstrated high scholastic achievement. Some assistantships are promised at the time of acceptance; others may be awarded at any time.
- Graduate Student Scholarships (GSS)
- These scholarships provide a predetermined tuition discount by awarding a specific number of graduate semester hours in free tuition. There is no work requirement.
- Double Husky Scholarship
- Double Husky Scholarship program provides all alumni with a bachelor’s degree from Northeastern a tuition discount of up to 25% when they enroll in any of more than 100 full-time programs. We also waive the application fee for Northeastern graduates.
- Diversity Fellowship
- Each year a limited number of fellowships are awarded to graduate students in an effort to help the University achieve a more diverse graduate student body. A variety of factors may be used for the purpose of increasing diversity at the University including gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or other protected classification consistent with the University nondiscrimination policy.
These awards are recommended by the student’s academic department/college. They provide tuition support only and there is no work requirement associated with them.
- Yellow Ribbon Scholarship
- Northeastern University ihas invested $2 million to help post-9/11 veterans earn degrees through the federal government’s new Yellow Ribbon Program. Qualifying veterans who enroll at Northeastern will receive grant aid that covers most to all of Northeastern’s tuition and fee charges, depending on the selected degree program. Northeastern and the Department of Veterans Affairs will cover all or most or all of the expenses that exceed the cost of attending the Northeastern University. Allowances for housing, books and supplies are included.
The Yellow Ribbon Program became effective on August 1, 2009. To be eligible, veterans must have served at least three years of active duty beginning on or after September 11, 2001. Veterans from any state are eligible to attend Northeastern and receive Yellow Ribbon funding.
- Dissertation Completion Fellowships
- The Graduate Dissertation Completion Fellowships provides Ph.D. candidates who are nearing completion of their dissertation the financial support to spend their final semester writing. The duration of the award is one semester.The stipend for one semester will be the larger of either $8,000 or ½ the current academic year stipend rate for the department where the student’s primary affiliation resides. In addition, both the student’s one-credit registration fee and health fees will be covered by the award for the semester. The award must be used during the semester for which it is awarded and may not be deferred.
- The premiere cultural exchange fellowship, the Fulbright has provided more than 255,000 participants with the opportunity to observe each others’ political, economic and cultural institutions, exchange ideas and embark on joint ventures of importance to the general welfare of the world’s inhabitants. Past winners include the poet Sylvia Plath, the composer Aaron Copland, Presidential adviser Austan Goolsbee, and director Julie Taymor.
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program offers two types of grants for U.S. graduating seniors, graduate students, young professionals and artists, the research/study grant and the English Teaching Assistantship (ETA).
- Scholarships in Seattle Campus
- Explore the many scholarship opportunities at Seattle campus.
- Scholarships in Charlotte Campus
- Explore the many scholarship opportunities at Charlotte campus.