Northeastern University provides graduate assistantships and other financial support to a limited number of qualified full-time graduate students who have demonstrated high scholastic achievement. Some assistantships are promised at the time of acceptance; others may be awarded at any time.
- Research Assistantships (RA)
- Research assistants are involved in research activities under the direct supervision of regular faculty members. Research assistants positions are funded through externally funded grants.
- Teaching Assistantships (TA)
- Assist faculty members in teaching a course by serving as grading assistants or holding office hours, for example, or in other capacities that involve direct contact with students in supporting either undergraduate or graduate teaching.
- Company Sponsorship
- In an effort to increase productivity and skill level of their employees, many corporations would provide some level of sponsorship for full or part time study through employee tuition reimbursements. According to a study by the Society for Human Resource Management, close to 60% of organizations offered graduate education financial assistance.
- PlusOne – Accelerated Master’s Program
- The PlusOne Accelerated Master’s Program allows you to take up to a total of 16 graduate credits during your junior and senior years and apply those credits toward both your bachelor and master’s degrees.