Our faculty includes distinguished researchers who have exceptional academic credentials and impressive public- and private-sector resumes. They frequently provide connections to colleagues, businesses, resources, and mentors that can define a student's career path. Faculty researchers and their student collaborators have access to state-of-the-art research facilities, both on campus and in greater Boston.
Many of Northeastern's six hundred-plus tenured and tenure-track faculty are engaged in cutting-edge research. Among their recent accomplishments:
- Earned NIH, NSF, and NEH grants and Guggenheim and Fulbright fellowships
- Drafted statewide affordable housing and environmental protection legislation
- Advised White House on terrorism
- Designed method of manufacturing at the nanoscale
- Started companies based on technology invented at Northeastern
- Identified biological mechanisms that cause cancer and heart disease
For reviewing each individual faculty profile, please visit colleges' website or search the Faculty Researcher Database.
For more information about research news, resources and funding opportunities at Northeastern, please visit Northeastern's Research website