Fall 2010 Gordon Engineering Leadership Seminar
Join us on Wednesday, November 10th, for the next session of our Fall 2010 Gordon Engineering Leadership Seminars! Our speaker will be Al Kammerer, Product Development Director at Ford Motor Company.
Time: Noon – 1pm (Lunch will be available)
Location: 431 Stearns Center
RSVP: Please contact Jennifer Kaddy at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, November 9th, if you would like to attend.
Al Kammerer is a Product Development professional with over 34 years of automotive experience. Vehicle program delivery, including; product strategy, design, engineering, development, supplier interface and manufacturing launch has been his major focus area. However, Al also has strengths in business strategy and planning and program management. He has excellent leadership skills, having led a team of up to 3,000 employees and has been part of an operating committee for a $60 billion revenue automotive business.
KEY CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Led the product strategy and program approval for the Ford Aerostar vehicle line, Ford’s first mini-van/MPV. Developed the franchising strategy and marketing plans for several Mercury vehicle lines.
- While leading both the Truck and Car business strategy and cycle plan groups, led the development of intricate regulatory compliance strategies and plans to meet safety, emissions and fuel economy legislation, working cross functionally looking at five to ten year time horizons.
- Led the Product Development team that delivered the award winning Ford Focus — the first car to win both the European and North American Car of The Year awards. This was a five year project with a global manufacturing and market launch — launched in five different assembly plants and 20+ markets. All launches were delivered on time and on budget.
- Completely refreshed the 2003 model year Lincoln vehicle lineup with three significant model upgrades (Town Car, LS and Navigator) and launched a new Lincoln vehicle (Aviator). This was an unprecedented amount of product activity during one calendar year for the Lincoln brand and set the stage for the Lincoln renaissance developing today.
- Led the team that launched the Escape Hybrid. This was the industry’s first hybrid SUV and Ford’s first use of hybrid technologies. The program required engineering and developing new technologies for transmissions, batteries, brakes and electronic control systems hardware and software.
- Led the product and business strategy and subsequently the product development team for the award winning Jaguar XF. Successfully launching a vehicle that led to Jaguar improving global sales by 8% during the 2008 auto industry downturn.
- While at Jaguar Land Rover, in addition to delivering all of the cycle plan vehicle programs, developed the business strategy to bring Jaguar to profitability and create a sustainable Jaguar Land Rover business strategy and product plan for the next decade and beyond, ultimately leading to the successful sale of Jaguar Land Rover.