Find out what it takes to be the next Gordon Fellow
In general, the Gordon Engineering Leadership (GEL) Program can best serve Candidates with the following qualifications:
- Strong motivation and potential to develop as an engineering leader
- Solid record of academic performance
- Experience in the field of engineering (ideally through full-time work experience, but co-op or internship experience will also be considered)
- An Industry Sponsor (typically a full-time employer) to support your participation and help define the scope of your Challenge Project. If you do not have a full-time employer at the time of application, please contact email@example.com to discuss other possible sponsor options.
GEL Candidates must apply for and be admitted to both the Northeastern Graduate School of Engineering and the Gordon Institute of Engineering Leadership.
To apply, please complete the following steps:
Step 1: Apply to the Northeastern University Graduate School of Engineering
If you plan to pursue GEL as part of a Master of Science program, please select “Master of Science with Graduate Certificate in Engineering Leadership” as your degree option on the online application. Pay careful attention to the additional materials required for a complete application to the Graduate School of Engineering. Available at www.coe.neu.edu/gse.
Step 2: Apply to the Gordon Engineering Leadership Program
Please submit your GEL application using the GEL online application system. In addition to the application form, you will be asked to:
- Upload your current resume
- Enter contact information for an individual at your organization who can 1) nominate you for the program and 2) attest that the organization can provide a suitable Challenge Project for completion during the program.
Once you enter this information, an email will be sent asking the individual to complete the Sponsor Nomination Form and Challenge Project Statement of Intent.
Step 3: Complete your GEL Interview
Upon submission of your application, contact Amy Manley at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview with the GEL admissions committee.
Admission to GEL is competitive, and Candidates are encouraged to apply early. Please be aware of the following important dates:
Deadline for Graduate School of Engineering (part-time and full-time domestic students).
GEL Orientation takes place. Please note that a Challenge Project Plan is due at orientation and is treated as the first graded assignment in the Engineering Leadership course.