presidential Global Fellows
Presidential Global Fellows demonstrate the highest excellence in academic achievement, leadership, and innovative global experience. A select few of the strongest candidates who received the Global Scholars Award will be considered for the Presidential Global Fellowship and will receive up to a $10,000 scholarship for the remainder of their undergraduate degree.
The Presidential Global Fellows Selection Committee recommends students for the Presidential Fellowship; recipients are approved by the President. To demonstrate their ongoing commitment to the pursuit of global scholarly achievement, Presidential Global Fellows are expected to submit to the Committee a capstone project, research paper, or reflective essay on their global leadership experience in the 4th or 5th year.
To be eligible, applicants must:
• Be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program.
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.8 or above at the time of application.
• Have participated in an international experience, and have contributed strong leadership to that experience(s).
• Demonstrate an understanding of the relevance and importance of their global and/or cultural experience to their educational pursuit, personal development and professional goals.
• Candidates under consideration for the Presidential Global Fellowship will be asked to provide an academic reference.