Support Research that Changes Lives
Northeastern is a leader in the production of use-inspired research. Here, faculty create and translate knowledge to solve the global societal challenges of the twenty-first century and address critical national needs.
Northeastern’s research programs produce "cutting edge" research and technology that are successfully commercialized and introduced to the public sector. In University laboratories cancer cells may finally be understood, alternative sources of energy discovered, the safety of our nation’s bridges and roadways improved, and smarter drugs to fight disease produced.
As a national research university, Northeastern is home to 37 interdisciplinary research centers and institutes. Among them are six national research centers, including an NSF-funded engineering research center, and an NSF-funded nanotechnology center.
Support may be directed to foster scholarly excellence in a variety of subject areas including: biology and biotechnology; business management and employment; crime and violence prevention; engineering; health issues; law; software and technology; and urban and public policy.
Gifts may support
- Endowed faculty professorships and chairs
- One of 37 interdisciplinary centers of research excellence
- New research collaborations between faculty from disparate fields and between schools
- University-wide graduate programs that supersede traditional academic boundaries
- Infrastructure, technology and equipment enhancements
- Start-up funds for programs that foster interdisciplinary learning
These are just some examples of the way your investment can help faculty and students make discoveries that contribute to the nation and the world.
If you are interested in supporting research, please contact Luanne Kirwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.373.4296.
Photo: An example of mitochondrial mapping conducted at CenSSIS.