Are you a student who plans to complete part of your education studying or doing a co-op abroad, in another culture? If so, consider GEO’s innovative Experiential Year Abroad (EYA) program. EYA offers students the chance to integrate the best of Northeastern’s core learning experiences—classroom, discussion-based and real world, work-based—abroad to prepare them to navigate and lead in an increasingly global society.
How does EYA reflect the core values of Northeastern’s educational experience?
- EYA is at the pinnacle of Northeastern University students’ global learning experiences in that it combines classroom and real world work experience within a foreign cultural setting for a considerable length of time. This immersion sets our students up for later success in work and life as citizens and leaders in a more culturally interconnected world.
- EYA effectively leverages the transformative, practical experience of the Global Co-op with the intellectual, theoretical rigor of the Dialogues and Study Abroad programs.
Where Can I Go?
In addition to Dialogue programs in the countries below, the following is a sample list of possible Study Abroad/Global Co-op opportunities:*
Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Co-op Intern at Intercomm
- Personal Assistant to the Director at 174 Trust
- Assistant Program Director at Council for Integrated Education
- Student Administrator at Council for Ethnic Minorities
- Boston Intern Volunteer Assistant at The Corrymeela Community
- Architect at Bahcesehir Construction Company
- Office Assistant and English Teacher at Bahcesehir University
- Technical Consultant at Kora Internet Technologies and Database Solutions
- Assistant at Bahcesehir University Technology Development Center (BUTECH)
- English Teacher at TOBB University of Economics and Technology
- Co-op student at Biblioteca Augusta
- Co-op student at Caffe di Perugia
- Co-op student at the city of Perugia Tourism Office
- Co-op student at Hotel Gio
- Co-op student at SynEgo and Tuttoggi
- Co-op student at the Umbra Institute’s study abroad program
- Co-op student at Umbria Cuscinetti, Aerospace Industry Parts Manufacturer